cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When WBS element will be entered in the Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please explain when WBS element will be entered into the sales order.

Also let me know the use of maintaining WBS element in the sales order.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

kindly chk this thread,

Former Member
0 Kudos

In sales order item data, in that item data Account assigment field is there, we r enter WBS element in that account assigment tab page

Former Member
0 Kudos

In sales order item date, Account assignment field is there, we r enter WBS element in that Account assignment tab page

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WBS in Sales and Distribution comes in basically Project scenario for e.g. construction business, before sales order creation, a project has to be created (WBS) in this WBS, billing milestone has to be created based on customer payment terms (like for excavation 10% billing of total project value, completion of 1st floor then 30% ..... and so on). Then sales order should be created and in Account assignment tab WBS number need to assign, the billing milestone data which is maintained in WBS will automatically come to sales order in Billing plan tab.

Regards

shambhu sarkar

former_member207059
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mullai,

Let me tell you about WBS element. WBS Element is one of the Cost related object and it is basically from Project System Module. We can use the WBS element for many activities like in Purchase Order / Sales Order.... etc....

Eg: If a company that has SAP involved in Construction Business. They build many apartments. Here, in SAP, WBS element is mapped to one of the Task in Construction, eg - Flooring. So for flooring (WBS Element), if the required materials has to be purchased from the vendor, then we need to create PO and then we assign the particular WBS Element with it. Similarly, if the company itself has the materials, then they will this to the customer (owner of the building) by creating Sales Order in SAP with the assignment of WBS Element.

Hope it is clear now.

Pls let me know if you need any further details.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

We use WBS element in the sales order to attach or link the particular sales order with PS (Project system). If the scenario is project based then we need to maintain Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) through PS and need to assign that particular WBS element no. with the sales order (Sales order item level> account assignment tab > enter WBS element no). when u enter the WBS no, 'profit center' will automatically propose in the sales order. (in the same account assignment tab, profit center field).

here Im giving one example, so you can get it clearly:

In a manufacturing plant, if they build up a tower (power plant). then the entire tower can be sub-divided in 5 or 8 phase. and each phase is maintained in PS. and each phase is called Activities. for 5 or 8 activities there would be one WBS number which you have to assign or link with sales order. so that you can be sure, for this project or WBS you created this particular sales order. and the scenario would be Make to Order scenario. here MRP run would be either sales order or PS (project system). there you have to maintain Milestone billing plan. for each milestone (mean phase) billing should be done. or you can go for normal billing also according to client's requirement.

I think it will help you to get understand. any further query, pls let me know.

Thanks.