cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated Planning and Locking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've a small issue with locking in Inegrated planning.

I've written an application for which the locking characterisitc should be DOCNUM#.

In RSPLSE I have configures the underlying InfoCube that only DOCNUM# is relevant for Locking.

Therefore, I start my first Planning by entering DOCNUM# 100 -> ready for planning

Then I start another session by entering DOCNUM# 200 -> also ready for planning

So far so good.

I closed the second session and re-start it again by now entering DOCNUM#s 100 and 200. Now, the sheet is NOT ready for planning and I get the information that there is a lock based on session 1.

I understand the situation (even if I think it would have been perfect if the lines for DOCNUM# 200 would be ready for planning as they are locked based on session 1).

I now refresh my workbook again and enter only DOCNUM# 200 again, but..... it is still not ready for planning.

I have to completely close my workbook and restart again, to be able to enter data for my DOCNUM# 200.

Therefore, what I have learned is the following: If one of your values in the selection is momentarily locked because another application uses it right now. it is not enough to just eliminate the selection value that is locked, you must close your workbook and re-start again.

Is this normal ? Or do I have to configure my locking scenario?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it´s a problem of excel. You would not have it in web.

When you get a lock in excel workbook, the workbook is set to "not plannable". Even if you select a different variable value, you have to set your workbook to "ready for planning" again.

you find it somewhere in the workbook settings.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

that sounds promising. However, I didn't find any appropriate workbook setting.

I only found one setting where you can control the transfer of plan values related to Navigation, nothing in terms of locking.

Would you be able to tell me where exactly I could find this setting.

Thanks

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry, I have no connection to a system today so I can not look it up.

But it is not a setting for locking but it is a setting / a flag to enable the plan modus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I know that flag in the Query definition but not in the Workbook.

Heiko

0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

double click on a cell, you will get a pop-up, go to the tab 'Display Options' (the fourth one), the last flag is the needed one: 'Allow input of plan values'. When a lock conflict is detected the query changes to display mode and the above flag will be changed. Change it back and call the set the variables again.

Regards,

Gregor

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

or you make right mouse klick on the query-table, select "Query Properties" - "Display Options" and then it´s the last flag "Allow plan data entry"

regards

Cornelia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I think that this isn't normal: if you terminate the session then the locked parameters should be unlocked immidiately.

Even if you have another session with another restrictions for locks ...

You can trace it in RSPLCE.

Regards.