Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Integrated Planning and Locking

Hello Experts,

I've a small issue with locking in Inegrated planning.

I've written an application for which the locking characterisitc should be DOCNUM#.

In RSPLSE I have configures the underlying InfoCube that only DOCNUM# is relevant for Locking.

Therefore, I start my first Planning by entering DOCNUM# 100 -> ready for planning

Then I start another session by entering DOCNUM# 200 -> also ready for planning

So far so good.

I closed the second session and re-start it again by now entering DOCNUM#s 100 and 200. Now, the sheet is NOT ready for planning and I get the information that there is a lock based on session 1.

I understand the situation (even if I think it would have been perfect if the lines for DOCNUM# 200 would be ready for planning as they are locked based on session 1).

I now refresh my workbook again and enter only DOCNUM# 200 again, but..... it is still not ready for planning.

I have to completely close my workbook and restart again, to be able to enter data for my DOCNUM# 200.

Therefore, what I have learned is the following: If one of your values in the selection is momentarily locked because another application uses it right now. it is not enough to just eliminate the selection value that is locked, you must close your workbook and re-start again.

Is this normal ? Or do I have to configure my locking scenario?

Thanks

Former Member
replied

or you make right mouse klick on the query-table, select "Query Properties" - "Display Options" and then it´s the last flag "Allow plan data entry"

regards

Cornelia

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question