cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I generate backdated FF logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have issue, because of system maintenance hourly run /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK job didn't run on perticular date and time. Now when we pulling FF log it gives message "Background Job was not scheduled/log & file not yet generated" is there in any case can we regenerate FF log for that perticular date by externally running /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK job? Is there any solution for this situation?

Thanks in advance for reply,

Yash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yashwin,

you need to recollect the data throgh table entry you could able to find trasaction executed and record updated.

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yashwin,

Kindly refer to Notes "1563226"for info on how to recover the backlog data.

The Most Important thing being the STAD data should be still available in the System. In Production systems there is a periodic Basis Background job that deletes data older than a set period this can range normally from a fortnight to a month. Kindly check with basis team and recover the data.

All the Best.

Rgds

Ganesh.S

P.S: Incase your query is resolved, kindly mark this thread as 'Answered' and award points to the 'Contributors'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ganesh,

As per note I run report /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK through SA38 for that missing date, but it doesn't pull data although I can see that data in STAT using SM20N t-code!!One thing I notice whenever I execute /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK it gives me message "No Data Records exist in this Instance." at buttom "No statistical record for any server found with given criteria". But I can see same data in SM20N, what could be the reason?

Thanks,

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its not too late schedule the jobs again for that time, but if the system was unavalaible why do you need the logs for that time?

regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

Thanks for reply, situation was like up to around 10:30 PM some FF ID were in use and our FF Job

used to run every hour must run at 11:00PM but around 10:45 Basis took system down and Job

could not run. Now as per note 1563226, I run job externally for that perticular date and

time but could not able to retrive data. still it says "Background Job was not scheduled/log & file not yet generated"

although I can saw data in STAT using SM20N for that duration ! Any other way can I generate that data in

FF log?

Thanks,

Yashwin