cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with max number of rows (using lookupV)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I'm using Xcelsius 2008 SP3 FP3.5 with live office sp3 fp 3.5.

I hacve configured xcelsius options so the maximum number of rows allowed would be 2000, instead of 512.

I have a webi report with a 1500 rows. I imported it via Live Office in my presentation.

I have several formulas using lookupV. At design mode, it's ok. In preview,

when data is in the first 512 rows, everything is fine. When not, returns #N/A error.

I've tried using other excel functions such as index, match, with the same result.

I've checked at Xcelsius preferences and it is set to 2000 rows.

Xcelsius doesn't warn me about truncate.

Any ideas please??

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

into the Xcelsius itself, go to your liveoffice connection in xcelsius(Manage Connections), and select your liveoffice connection

into the definition tab, find something called "Grid" into the Ranges List

click grid, and then bind it to wider range instead of 512, make it 2000 or something

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you David and Amr.

David, I've checked liveoffice connection grid and title parameters and they were ok. So I doesn't get better this way.

Amr, when I go to File/Snapshot, all 6 options (current excel data, flash, html, etc) are grey and unable to click. For what you said, this is not a normal issue. I have tried to do it with a new xcelsius and this options are still in grey. Am I missing something?

Thanks for all your suggestions!

Kind Regards,

Sergi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you going to File > Snapshot from preview mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been researching today for notes. I've found three of them very intersesting.

1203972 - VLOOKUP works in Excel but not in Crystal Xcelsius

1257233 - How to increase the number of rows and columns fetched in Xcelsius from Live office.

1300927 - What are the supported excel functions in Xcelsius 2008?

I think that applying these notes I'll make it work (i really hope so, at least!)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Firend

I also faced the same issue, but it is resolved now

Rows 512 are default view for the live office object, no matter you have edited in the xcelsius->preferences->excel rows

to edit the default view of 512 rows of live office you have to edit one of the file on Bo tomcat server

We had to change the Lifeoffice_config.properties file inside dsws-liveoffice-ws.jar that's found in c:\program files\business objects\tomcat\webapps\dswsbobje\WEB-INF\lib.

In the file u will found the field named as default view in live office rows :512 rows

chagnge it to number of rows as per your need.

I hope this will help you, because it helps me a lot

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergi,

When in preview mode, click on File > Snapshot > Spreadsheet, then open that in Excel (after closing Xcelsius).

Does this shed any light on the matter? Can you see what the formulas are showing?

Or have you already done this?