Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Func. module- RS_VARIANT_DELETE to be executed without any messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

My program has a selection-screen option to enter the range of variants and I am capturing all the variants to be deleted based on necessary conditions into an internal table and passing it to the function module RS_VARIANT_DELETE to delete those entries in the system and displaying an alv list report for the ones deleted with their numbers. It's working fine, but after the alv report displays, it is throwing an information message saying Variant 'xxx' is deleted and here 'xxxx' is only the last entry in the internal table. I want to ignore this message and do not want this to be displayed in the output. Please suggest a way to do that

3 REPLIES 3

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Variant & is deleted is the Status Message. If you have the settings on to show Status message as information message, you will see this message as Info message. It can be found at GUI Options > Interaction Design > Notification > Show Success message in Dialog box

Code lines of the RS_VARIANT_DELETE where it gives the delete message:

ENDIF.
  ENDIF.
  MESSAGE S618 WITH RSVAR-VARIANT.  " << 

PERFORM DEQ_VARIANT using rsvar-report rsvar-variant.
  CLEAR: C_SYSVAR, QUERY_SYSVAR.
  VARIANT = RSVAR-VARIANT.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Thanks Naimesh! I found that in the source code of the fm as well. Can I restrict that message to not be displayed at all in my program? where exactly do I have to look for the GUI options that you have mentioned?

0 Kudos

That would be a core modification. There are no customizing options to that.