Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append structure cannot be created.

rajesh_tummala5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear ABAP experts,

Why none these tables can be extended using append structure. I wanted to create append structure for one of the tables below but the append structure pushbutton is disabled. None of the tables below are pooled or cluster tables and none of these tables have long fields(VARC,LCHR, LRAW) where append structure is not possible. By the way i noticed all these tables are client independent.

TSP03A

TSP03C

TSP03D

TSP03L

TSP03T

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Rajesh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because they are customizing table and maint. with restrictions.

different data class too.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because they are customizing table and maint. with restrictions.

different data class too.

0 Kudos

Then why is it possible for many of the customizing tables like T001, T001W..

Does data class SPROT in technical settings has any restriction on append structures?

Thanks,

Rajesh.

0 Kudos

No, Its not based on data class.

System restricts it based on the development class with FM 'TRINT_CHECK_CENTRAL_BASIS_TABL'.

0 Kudos

Never mind. it is based on the development pacakge. SAP does restrict some tables from modifying even using append structure. You cannot change any table under the SPOO package. There are other criteria's too but for these tables, i can see that SAP wont allow you to append structure.