cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data in reports after upgrade to CRJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

After upgrading from Crystal Reports 10 JRC to Crystal for Eclipse CRJ, we have a few of reports that are returning no data.

Out of 50 reports only 3 do not return data the rest are fine.

We have a jsp page which passes a couple parameters to the crystal report.

The report appears in the browser, however no data is there.

We are passing a date parameter to the report, the report will use this parameter to call stored procedure

in MS SQL database.

I can see the date parameter is passed to the report sucessfully as it appears on the report.

I opened the report in Crystal Reports and tried the following:

1) went to Database >> Verify Database

2) went to Show SQL Query

3) went to Report >> Refresh Report Data ...i got data to appear in the report.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not answered

former_member217070
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The two things I can think of if deleting the links between the tables fixes it are:

1. Since the report was written in CR 10 or earlier and migrated to the CRJ, maybe it doesn't like something in the internals of the report. There are two things you can try:

A. re-write the report from scratch using the CR for Eclipse Designer or CR 2008.

B. load the current report into the CR for Eclipse Designer and see if it works there.

The CR for Eclipse Designer is different than the CR 2008 Designer in that it uses the actual Java jars to render the report that the CRJ uses. CR 2008 Designer was written in C++ and uses a different rendering engine. This means that in the CR4E Designer, you should see the exact same behavior as your web app, so it'll be easier to tweak the report to get it working, if that's what's needed.

2. Use your database profiler to find out exactly what SQL is being sent. Compare the SQL between the old JRC and the current CRJ. If they're different, does the current SQL return the data you're looking for? If not, and the old one does, then that would appear to indicate that the current SQL engine has something wrong with it and you should open a case to get it addressed.

Good luck!

Bryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This particular report has 2 stored procedures.

I think it has something to do with the Linking of tables ...when i delete the links, the data appears. Not sure why this would behave differently after I upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone help? i need to give away some credit to someone...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other ideas I might try?

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I went to the Crystal Report Designer 2008, opened the report ...verified the database, also refreshed report data, data was returned in the designer, and then i saved the report and deployed the new .rpt file to my web application ...

run the report in the web app, both with and with out parameters does not return any data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Any suggestions you may have? I did confirm that no data appears if I run the report with parameters from the JSP page.

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After you did the verify database in the designer and got data back, did you save the report and run the updated report in your application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made it so my report prompts for the 2 parameters, and I still get no data....

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you let the viewer prompt for parameters, do you still get no data?