cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use-Case for Business Services (Service Without Party) in SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a synchronous scenario where I am calling a web Service from SAP R/3 via SAP XI. I have designed the Integration Scenario in the Integration Repository, where I created an A2A role for the R/3 System and a B2B Role for the Web Service. For the Web Service Party in the Integration Directory I use a Business Service unterneath 'Service without Party' as the party for the Web Service is unknown.

I realized that I cannot assign the Business Service to the defined Web Service Role when I want to use the Integrationscenario-Configurator. This only works when I ceate a Party and create the Business Service underneath this Party.

I understand that this makes sense when I am having a B2B communication like in this case although I don't have a real external Party for the Web Service.

But I don't understand for which cases I would create a Business Service underneath the 'Service without Party' as internal Systems are known and can be set-up as Business Systems in the SLD.

Does anybody have such a case where I use an 'Internal' Business Service? And is there any way that I can use such a Business Service in the Business Integrationscenario-Configurator?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

A Service without Party is mainly to represent any service within the landscape which is used in a A2A communication. In simpler, We use "Service w/o Party" in all internal scenarios, meaning that no external partner is involved. If it comes to a scenario where we need to communicate with external partners then we place it under "Party".

Thanks.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

thanks for your feedback. If this is the case, why do I need a Business Service for internal Scenarios (Service w/o Party)?

Regards.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for creatting a communication channel you will have to have either the Business system, Business service.

For file systems which are generally just servers come under Business service. This is one of the place where you use Business service.

Regards

Vijaya

Message was edited by: vijaya kumari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

this definately helps. Is it true that in this case I cannot use the Integrationscenario-Configurator? Because I cannot assign a Business Service in an A2A Secnario.

Cheers.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing a similar issue.

In my File to SAP scenario I intend to use the Integration Scenario Configurator and it does not allow for Business Service to be selected. I tried using application component as a Template too.

Answers (0)