cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create/ use content creator role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi exports

today I was working on detail reports again. I am still not able to figure out how to apply the workaround with the ZSA_CONTENT_CREATOR role. I created that role as a blank role in our system and assigned it to my user.

Problem is, that n the Web UI I am still not able to see that initially hidden detail reports folder.

Also from SPM note 1477454 I got that I need this role to change application settings like the MEMORY_MONITOR parameter. With the role I created, I am also not able to change those settings.

Would be great if you could point me towards the right direction on this topic.

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

You are on the right track. You need the content creator role to perform both activities (Change detail reports and create / modify application property parameters). Please create role 'ZXSA_CONTENT_CREATOR' and assign this role to yourself. Make sure you remove this role as soon as you are done performing activity, you should not have this role while performing all regular activities.

Before assigning this role you will not see the special folders, once you assign you should see these folders (Browse -> SAP Reports -> Detail Reports). Change your datasource under user preference to create new details reports and save them under this special folder.

Also under application properties with this role you should be able to add or modify any parameters.

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thank your all for your answers. I finally got this to work.

The final hint came from Rohits post witch advised to save newly created detail reports in the special detail reports folder.

I saved them under public first and was wondering why the didn't appear for assignment under the measure properties.

Also I recognized that assignent of detail reports does not work when I am logged on with german language. In that case I do not see any entries at all under the detail report tab of the measure properties. I will open up a note for that.

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

When using the content creator role, you may wish to check the following - I experienced these problems:

1) you can assign the role in the SPM UI, or you can do this in SU01. Make sure that you have permission to assign it. The SPM UI will allow you to assign the role and tell you it has done it successfully, even when you don't have the correct permissions to do this. So I would recommend checking this. You can also add/check this role in SU01 in the ABAP stack.

2) log off and clear your browsers' cache. Close and reopen your browser. When you reload SPM you should see the initial progress indicator that you see in most flash applications when they load.

Hope this helps

Kind regards,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

The role name is ZXSA_CONTENT_CREATOR. Can you try with that.

Thanks,

Divyesh