Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Check Who Has Access to Approve Purchase Orders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am carrying out a review of user access on a SAP system. I'm not completely sure how PO authorisation is assigned through SAP.

I am testing access to transaction ME28 using RSUSR002 and checking using the authorisation object M_EINK_FRG which requires a release code and release group to be defined.

By looking in the configuration I can see that there are release groups, release codes, release indicators and release strategies in place.

I was wondering if someone could explain how the actual authorisation is given. I'm guessing it is a combination of a release group with different release codes = a release strategy. And that purchasing groups etc. that the authorisation would give approval for are defined in here.

Also an example of ne of the strategies PO >= 50K (NP >= 500)

What does this mean? The 50K is classed under "Total net order value" and the 500 under net price in purchasing document

So does this allow approval for a PO of 500 or 500K??

Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Greetings..

Any user who releases purchase orders should have access for transaction ME28. The restrictions are based upon company/plants and release level, this is where object M_EINK_FRG is checked.

Actual authorization is based upon release level maintained/assigned for user, if user is assigned release level of 500K for plant yyyy then user can release PO upto 500,000.

Also release levels are depend on the needs of organization, so you can preferably contact , any finance person within your organization to know what release levels your organization haveu2026

let me know if any further information is required.

Thanks

Sandeep

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Greetings..

Any user who releases purchase orders should have access for transaction ME28. The restrictions are based upon company/plants and release level, this is where object M_EINK_FRG is checked.

Actual authorization is based upon release level maintained/assigned for user, if user is assigned release level of 500K for plant yyyy then user can release PO upto 500,000.

Also release levels are depend on the needs of organization, so you can preferably contact , any finance person within your organization to know what release levels your organization haveu2026

let me know if any further information is required.

Thanks

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

Don't forget transaction ME29N - the bad boy of release PO's as it allows access to modify the purchase order before release...

Edit due to

The restrictions are based upon company/plants

I think company code is FI only? Purchase Org and Plant are MM related and

any finance person within your organization to know what release levels your organization haveu2026

this may not be their area of skill?

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on May 23, 2011 12:05 AM

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with David on all the points. On a nutshell things are..

1. PO release done by below 2 transactions

ME29N - Single PO release

ME28 - Collective PO release

2. PO release require authorization to below org level values

Pur Org

Pur Grp

Plant

Release Strategy (edited : It's not org level. It's combination of release code and release group)

3. Release Strategy play a key role here. Possible agent can be set via workflow (like PPOME). So along with above authorization user must be possible agent to release the PO. By this PO will be routed to corresponding user's inbox which can be released from there only. No need to run ME28/ME29N manually

4. PO value decide release strategy. Look into table T16FS. The more value a PO has the more approval level it will go through. So based on PO value and org level it will automatically decide release strategy. Look into table T16FC. And based on that PO will automatically go to corresponding approver once it passed current approval.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on May 23, 2011 11:17 AM