cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship between SD Division and Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I have a pretty basic question. What is the relationship between the SD Division and the MM Material Master if any? What should I care about when creating SD Divisions from a MM material perspective?

I read in some document that a material must belong to a division? Is that true? If yes, does this mean that if I want to sell the same material through two different business units (divisions) of my company then I ahve to create the same material twice?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer this question.

Regards,

Pradhip.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Division is nothing but a product line. Materials that have similarity in nature will be created under a division.

(quote)to sell the same material through two different business units (divisions) of my company(divisions)(quote)

The term division in SAP is different from the term division you have mentioned above. As you said, they will be two different business units.

A material can be created only under a SINGLE division.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes You can assign a material to exactly one division.we had a situation where the same material in different company code was maintained in different division, This created a havoc the users used to change the divisions occasionally because the Price / Reports will go wrong. Finally at the year end we decided to create a new material itself.

See the link hope will help you understand...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/1d/0c067b7ec311d29c570000e8a51c6e/content.htm

Regards,

Siraj