cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM: set change request documentation as mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm working with change request management on SAP SM 7.0 sp26. I would know if It's possible to set as mandatory the upload of a specific document in a change request.

For example I want that the change requester display a warning/error message if He doesn't attach in the change request (tab page "Document") the change evaluation document.

This is due to the fact that more requester, open Change Request without describe the change requested.

Thank you very much for your help.

gio'

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two options for your requirement:

1) Set the text id to mandatory in the text determination procedure. This will allow the creation of the document, but not allow the change manager to authorize the ticket until some information is added in the mandatory text field.

2) For document attachments, implement a condition filter in BADI SOCM_CHECK_CONDITION. Use CRM_KW_DOC_GET_INFO to get the relevant information about attached documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

thank you for your help. I configured the text object "Reason for change" and "Description of the change" as obligatory by using the spro activity : solution manager -> scenario specific -> change request management -> extended configuration -> change transaction -> transaction type -> text administration -> Define text determ. procedure.

The problem is that each time that I open the CR in change mode the system ask me to insert the "Reason for change" and "Description of the change" even if I already inserted these information.

Do you know if It's possible to insert these information only once?

Thank you again for you help

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Text Determination procedure, set the "changes" field to Blank (Edit) mode for the text ids set to mandatory. This will ensure that each time you enter some value in this text id, it does not move it to the Log and clear our the text field.

Hope this helps.

- Pranav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem resolved

Thank you for your help