cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM Dialog Component - Unable to add to FPM_OIF_COMPONENT application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just started working with FPM, and have been following the SAP Developer's Guide. I would like to add a Dialog Box to my component - in the guide it says to choose Add --> Dialog Box in the configuration editor, but the only options that appear in the dropdown are:

Initial Screen

Variant

Confirmation Screen

I am on release 701 - are FPM Dialog Boxes not available in this release, or is there an alternative?

What I am trying to achieve is the following:

I've created an Application Configuration for application HRTMC_EMPLOYEE_PROFILE (which is based on FPM_OIF_COMPONENT).

One of the components is for FPM_LIST_UIBB, which is populated from my Feeder Class.

Data is read during method IF_FPM_GUIBB_LIST~GET_DATA and displayed as a list.

Each line of the list contains a button, which I was hoping could be pressed in order to display a dialog box with further information for that line.

Is this sort of thing possible with GUIBBs or do I need to create my own Web Dynpro and insert it into a normal UIBB?

Thanks in advance,

Vindaloo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure from where and which page in the Developers guide you got this info.

What i think would work is to rely on the Needs_confirmation method. Create a instance of CL_FPM_CONFIRMATION_REQUEST and set your own text there and use this object to pass for needs confirmation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I found this information in the guide at

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0d500f5-5205-2e10-43a6-dd023a5d0... (found through Googling for FPM dialog box).

Page 64 is the beginning of the Dialog Box section, and page 66 contains the instructions that I referred to in the OP.

I'll try what you suggest on Monday and let you know how I get on.

Thanks,

Vindaloo

Former Member
0 Kudos

The document you refer is 7.02 and i understand that you are in 7.01 So this will not applicable to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I don't think we'll have time to get up to 7.02 so I'll have a go with NEEDS_CONFIRMATION.

Regards,

Vindaloo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created an instance of CL_FPM_CONFIRMATION_REQUEST in the NEEDS_CONFIRMATION method. It sort of achieves what I want for one part of my application, but I need something a bit more sophisticated.

Each displayed line contains a button for displaying long text for that line. The confirmation request does do this, although I don't want a Cancel button or an Exclamation mark in the popup.

There is also an Edit button on each line. When this is pressed, I want the details of that line to be presented in a dialog box with the fields open for editing. Are there any ways of achieving this using GUIBBs or do I need my own Webdynpro screen?

I also have a Delete button on each line, for which the solution you provided will be perfect.

Thanks,

Vindaloo

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your requirement, then i would suggest to go for application specific Popup.

Answers (0)