cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB growth Abnormal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Our DB growth is extremely abnormal since last 7-8 months.

It is expanding by almost 20-30 GBs per month.

I tried to check the note 195157 and 706478 but I am too confused if I should exactly implement them..

Is there any way to find out why this behavior?

Also is there any way to find out on SAP screen that what are the largest tables (not tablespaces) in the oracle DB and which one is growing faster?

Regards,

Yuvi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai...

please check weather following activities are on or off

1) SAP Trace

2) SAP Audit Logs

Cheers

KHS

mahesh_phegade1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can have a look on fast growing Basis Tables & plan some of them to reorg.

ex:-TST03

SAP Note 706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing

This can be helpful..

Regards,

Mahesh Phegade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys.

Your posts are kinda helping, but we actually did the search on tables itself and found that the LOBsegment attached to TST01 table consumed a lot of space.

The main work done on the system is printing of lables ( barcodes ) that means the associated table TST01 is being used a lot.

But even the table is not growing in size the LOB segment sis grow too much.

That has resulted in the space consumption.

Can you suggest anything about deactivating or not using this LOB segment?

Regards,

Yuvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yuvi,

table TST01 does not posses a LOB segemnt and is really small. I believe you mean table TST03.

You have several options with different pros/cons:

- don't keep the spool data in the database but in the filesystem (SAP parameter rspo/store_location)

- use Oracle 11g advanced compression (SecureFile compression) for the LOB segment of TST03

- delete the spool requests quickly after they were printed

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Mark.

We will try the first option and let know the results herewith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvi,

This method saves you at the database level, but what about OS? This is because the data is storing compressed in the database. If you will take spool out to the OS level tablespace will not grow, but it will allocate more space than in database.

At this stage, why don't you schedule RSPO1041 and keep TST03 clean?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvi,

>> I tried to check the note 195157 and 706478 but I am too confused if I should exactly implement them..

Is there any way to find out why this behavior?

195157 note refers to archiving "Application Log" data and 706478 note refers to archiving some of the data and good house keeping in order to save space on your database as well as increasing performance of your SAP system. As a summary you can gain back the space by archiving SAP data (check SARA transaction), on the database.

>> Also is there any way to find out on SAP screen that what are the largest tables (not tablespaces) in the oracle DB and which one is growing faster?

You can see the largest table on Oracle and change size on DB02 transaction --> Space --> Segments --> Overview --> Top growth --> Days/Weeks/Months.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik