cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPN material functionality in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using MPN material functions in SAP MM. We have created MPN material with material type HERS and assigned internal material also in that MPN material master. created Manufacturer using Account Group MNFR.

Created AMPL using transaction MP01 with different MPN material and different manufaturer. In ME21N, if we enter MPN material, it is picking up the internal material automatically and everything working fine.

Normally we enter MPN material in ME21N and system will pick up the Internal actual material. But we have requirement that, if user enter internal material, then they would like see, what are the MPN material is assigned for that internal material and who is the manufacturer for that. They would like see that list should show up in ME21N after they enter the internal material number.

Is that possible? if possible please explain that.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the following approach.

There is F4 help available. The place where you key in material in purchase order that is material number click F4 and slect the option "search help for manufacture part number with AMPL". Key in your internal material number it will give you the MPN number , manufacture and validity maintained in the AMPL.

Regards

Sangeeta

Answers (0)