cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle client on 11g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've upgraded Oracle from 10.2.04 to 11.2.0.2.

I'm using SAP Kernel 640_EX2

As indicated on note 819829 "Oracle Instant Clients of release 11.2.0.X can be used with SAP products that were linked with Oracle 10.2 (SAP Kernel 7.00/720/6.40 EX2).", so I decided to install Oracle Instant Client 11.2.0.2

1) Is it wrong to install this Oracle Instant Client 11.2.02 on this configuration ?

2) When I check SM51/Release Notes or System/Status, the OCI version indicated is still "102". Is this normal ? How can I change it ?

3) Can I unset ORA_NLS33 variable ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answering.

On system/status/kernel info, DB release is OK since I change oracle parameter compatible to 11.2

But about DB client library, SAP still indicates 'OCI_102'. Should it indicate 112 too ?

Regards

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for answering.

>

> On system/status/kernel info, DB release is OK since I change oracle parameter compatible to 11.2

> But about DB client library, SAP still indicates 'OCI_102'. Should it indicate 112 too ?

>

> Regards

I think this is correct as well, as OCI refers to the Oracle Call Interface which is the one that the kernel

is linked against. So to say the definition, that the kernel is only using calls as of version 10.

Later on in the dev_trace there should be a line indicating what client lib is

dynamically loaded. That is the point, where you should see the client version 11.

Compatible has nothing to do with the client!

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khamul,

On my installation, I have "OCI_10201_SHARE (11.2.0.1.0)" client lib and working without any problem. I didn't apply OCI 11.2.0.2, yet, but OCI_102 is correct.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on May 20, 2011 7:31 PM

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on May 20, 2011 7:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> Is it wrong to install this Oracle Instant Client 11.2.02 on this configuration ?

It is not wrong

>> When I check SM51/Release Notes or System/Status, the OCI version indicated is still "102". Is this normal ? How can I change it ?

You should be able to see DB releases ORACLE 10.1.0.., ORACLE 10.2.0.., ORACLE 11.2...* under System --> Status --> Kernel Information. Because, I have the same configuration like yours.

>> Can I unset ORA_NLS33 variable ?

As far as I know that yes, you can

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik