cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAR file changes not getting reflected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've done certain UI modifications in "selfreg_applyuser.jsp" page of the "com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin.par" file.

After deploying the par file on the EP server, I restarted the Portal and cleared all the caches quite a few times but still my changes are not getting reflected.

Can someone please suggest what could be the reason for the same?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Such Issues occurs for JSP changes in almost all the J2ee Engines rarely. Please Make sure you have modified the Correct JSP and the JSPs are Tagged in xml properly. If the changes are correct but not reflecting in Browser even after continuous deployment, and Session and History Clearance, we have to clear it manually in server.

Generally all JSPs are converted to Servlets Before running. The Temporary Servlet which gets created wont get refreshed rarely due to various reasons and creates all these issues.

Please search for your project in Portal file system. The path will look similar to the one given below and change based on version you use.

\usr\sap\<instance id>\<instance number>\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\<app name>\servlet_jsp\<App folder>\root

Generally, all the JSPS we write are placed in Root folder or corresponding folder in root of our application folder. But the temp files with the same name as JSP, and some Prefix and Suffixes added will be created in WORK folder of Application folder. relevant path as given below

\usr\sap\<instance id>\<instance number>\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\<pp name>\servlet_jsp\<App folder>\work

Please take backup up of all these file and delete or rename the Temp files created in this folder. This will force the runtime to generate these temp files once again which will have your changes.

Please note, the path of app folder can change and it is better to search and modify in correct folder.

Do this and try calling the app. it should work. if it doesnt, You can check whether the temp files are created freshly, else restart the server.

I hope it help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've even tried modifying the jsp file directly but still it doesn't work.

I want to customize the self-registration link present in nwa logon page and not on ir/portal logon page.

But it seems as if the modifications that we are doing is applicable for the self -registration link present on the irj/portal logon page.

Can someone please suggest how to modify the self-registration link present on the nwa logon page.

As per my understanding, the changes that I've been doing in the co.sap.usermanagement.admin.par file is not for customizing the self-registration component of nwa.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Please Install "HTTP Watch" in your IE browser. Open NWA Link in IE, And open HTTP Watch. Just before Clicking Self Registration Link, Start the HTTP Watch Trace and Click on self Registration link. Once the Link is Open, you can stop the trace and See the Trace to find which webdynpro Application is getting Called. You will be able to find app path like https://host:port/webdynpro/application_name_with package/ Files or similar

Get the application name and package, and download and import the corresponding ear and make changes and deploy. This Tool is sufficient for finding app file name.

I hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabir,

Thanks for your reply!!!

I followed the steps that you suggested and got the below URLfor the Self Registration Application:

http:/host:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcsecumewdenduser/SelfregApp

Please suggest that where can I find this application on the server?

Also, this seems to be a standard Web Dynpro application for self registration. So, where can I find it so that I can import it in my NWDS and modify it as per my requirement.

Is there any SCA file available which can be added in the track to find this component.

My concern is to find the right file before modifying it so that it should not impact any other functionality.

Please assist.

Best Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you cleared the browser cache which may also be one of the reason for the problem your facing.

In order to clear this browser cache go to

Browser settings -> tools -> Internet Optionsu2026 -> Temporary Internet Files -> Delete Files.

When you modify a static content on the client side and if there is any java script error the above steps can solve the issue.

Also if your having admin rights then do clear the PRT(Portal Runtime cache)

In order to clear this cache go to :

Go to http://<host>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/PortalAnywhere.Go and search for the com.sap.portal.prt.cache component

Clear both the memory and DB caches of the PRT by clicking on

PRTRegionMemoryClear

PRTRegionDBClear

Hope with the above steps your problem gets fixed.

Regards

Sharanya.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've already re-started the server quite s few times which clears the all the portal caches.

I've also cleared the browser cache but it did not help.

It seems that the PAR file that I've modified is not the source application for the Self Registration application.

Can anyone please suggest the web dynpro application name for the Self Registration and where can I find that application so that I can import it onto my NWDS and modify it as per my requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That webdynpro Component name is sap.com/tcsecumewdumeadim,in that application name is UmeAdminApp,so now you got the component,after that you need to import from NWDI to Developer studio,

Then you can modify the UI as well as the functionality of that application.

Regards

Sharanya.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharanya,

Thanks for the instant reply!!!

Can you also please tell me where can I find this component in NWDI?

Do I need to add any extra dependency(SCA file) to my track as I am not aware of the location of this component?

Thanks once again!!!

Best Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't come to sdn regularly and since no points were given, i forgot that i answered this question. Hence the delay.

It is Good to Take from NWDI and use it. However, at times when you are not aware of NWDI Path, best way is to go to your basis team, and Ask them to Search for File or folder with name as given (in your case selfregApp). Mostly it is better to use wild card before and after name as many times names will be prefixed with Package and suffixed with timestamps. get the folder and check for .ear file in it. you find it, import it and use it.

if you can say which version of EP you are using, Like EP 7.0, EP 7.1 or so on, and if i have same version, i can give you the path.

also i feel even the thread given below will be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabir,

Thanks for the reply!!!

I indeed do not know the path in NWDI.

When I tried to check the application path on server, I could see "tcsecumewdenduser" but when I access this folder, it has only "sap.comtcsecumewd~enduser.jar" file.

I could not find the deployed EAR file for this component.

Infact, There are a lot of folders prseent on the server with this "tcsecumewdenduser" name but none of the folders have the EAR file.

We are on EP 7.01 SP 5

Kindly assist.

Best Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest me on how to find the web dynpro component to modify the Self Registration application?

I've tried looking into all the folders with the namespace "tcsecumewdenduser" on the server path but unable to find the EAR file for this application.

Please suggest me where can I find this component so that I can import it in my NWDS and modify it.

I've been trying to search the component but no luck.

Also, is there any other alternative to modify the Self Registration page?

As I've already mentioned in my thread before that I've already tried to modify the JSP page and the PAR file but it did not work out.

So, kindly assist as we've been struggling with this requirement for quite a long time now.

Best Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a custom Web Dynpro component for Self Registration/

Hence, closing this thread.

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Can you pls try deploying the par file from SAP Enterprise portal. System Admin > Support, Try to upload the PAR file first and down it shows already installed. Then delete the Par file and click on install button. Try to do like this. This may solve your problem.

Regards,

BKLTIL

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Please try to deploy directly from NWDS once in maintained the SAP Enterprise portal server information at NWDS windows > properties. if you have uploded manully in the Portal and getting error. first remove the PAR file from System Admin > Support. then try to deploy with NWDS.

Can you pelase let us know once you imported PAR in NWDS, have you added required JAR files in lib folder in PAR structure.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod / Arun,

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, I've added the required JAR files in lib folder in PAR structure before deploying it. I've deployed the PAR file directly to the Portal server using NWDS but still my UI changes in the selfreg_applyuser.jsp file are not getting reflected.

I am not getting any error at runtime but the issue is that my UI changes are not getting reflected.

Please note that I've also restarted the J2ee engine after the PAR deployment but I am unable to identify why the UI elements which I removed from the jsp file are still appearing in the Self Registration page.

Also, please suggest as how can I verify if my portal component has any error during build time because I can't fine the option to build the Portal Component.

Kindly assist.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

How are you?

Regarding the changes in your JSP: Could it be that you are doing the changes on the wrong JSP? (I know it may sound stupid).

And yes the framwork does give you the build time errors by default.

Thanks

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I've deployed the PAR file directly to the Portal server using NWDS but still my UI changes in the selfreg_applyuser.jsp file are not getting reflected. 

Check the name of par given from NWDS to deploy on server and the name of par file used for as the source of iView (where u r expecting the changes).

I am not getting any error at runtime but the issue is that my UI changes are not getting reflected 

You are not getting any error because nothing is wrong in your codes..but UI changes are not reflecting because they are on some other PAR file which is not used for your iView creation.

Regards,

Nishant Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I am good, thank you. As per my findings, I got this PAR file name after searching on SDN and other places.

Well, the file that I've deployed is certainly present on the server with my changes.

And the framework did not give any build errors on or before deployment. Actually, these are minor cosmetic changes.

@ Nishant : The only possobility is that there must be some other PAR file also where the changes need to be done. When I opened the JSP file inside the PAR file, I could see the labels and fields that need to be modified and so I modified them.

May be the Self Registration Application that is SAP standard application does make use of some other PAR file, but I could not found out the other file.

Can someone please suggest if com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin.par is not the correct PAR file to be modified for customizing the Self-Registration page of the SAP Portal.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please suggest the PAR file and the jsp file to be modified for customizing the Self registration page(UI Customizations)?

I've already tried to modify the Selfreg_applyuser.jsp file of com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin.par file but it does not work.

Please assist.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any clue on this?

Best Regards,

Anurag

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure when you uploaded the par file it was same name?

Create a iview based on par file and see if that reflects the changes.

I assume when you do modification in NWDS you have it in different name. And the par file is different from that of original.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Yes, the uploaded par file has the same name.

Actually, I imported the PAR file in NWDS with the same name and after doing the changes uploaded the PAR in the PCD.

I also checked at the server path and I could see the modified PAR with today's modified date.

I also cross checked the uploaded PAR by importing in NWDS again and I could see all my changes there but somehow they are not getting reflected on the portal.

I will try to create an iview with the uploaded par and verify.

Please suggest if you have any other suggestions.

Best Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standalone Iview that I created using the com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin.par file does not work.

While creating the Iview, I selected the above PAR file and in the next step I selected the SelfReg portal component.

When I tried to preview the iview, it gave the following error chain:

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.usermanagement.admin.SelfRegComponent

-

Loader Info -

ClassLoader name: [CORE:sap.com/com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin]

Parent loader name: [com.sapportals.portal.prt.util.ApplicationClassLoader@35689b7d]

References:

interface:keystore_api

No resources !

-

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.load.ReferencedLoader.loadClass(ReferencedLoader.java:382)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:219)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItemFacade.getInstanceInternal(PortalComponentItemFacade.java:228)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItemFacade.getComponentInstance(PortalComponentItemFacade.java:160)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItem.getComponentInstance(PortalComponentItem.java:732)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentContext.getComponent(PortalComponentContext.java:103)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentContext.init(PortalComponentContext.java:242)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentContextItem.refresh(PortalComponentContextItem.java:271)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentContextItem.getContext(PortalComponentContextItem.java:316)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentRequest.getComponentContext(PortalComponentRequest.java:387)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.PortalRequest.getRootContext(PortalRequest.java:488)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.runRequestCycle(PortalRequestManager.java:607)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.ServletConnection.handleRequest(ServletConnection.java:240)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher$doService.run(Dispatcher.java:523)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.service(Dispatcher.java:412)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:156)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:386)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:364)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:1039)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:265)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

Please note that my basic requirement is to modify the standard SAP provided Self Registration Page for the Portal users. If someone has any other idea of implementing the same, kindly share it.

Best Regards,

Anurag

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below links:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/Self-RegistrationinPortal

Did you find any errors in the par file while compiling?

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod