cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in UME configuration stage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am installing SAP Netweaver with EHP1 Java application server as a central system.But I am stuck at the step UME Configuration .In UME congigration phase I 'am selecting option USE ABAP (so that administrators can manage users with transaction SU01 ) rather than JAVA Database ( default ).

At the next step of installation ,it is asking for ABAP connection and J2EE engine connection parameters like instance Host,communication user,Administratoe user,guest user.So after providing all these details when Iclick on next button ,it doesn't move to next stage ,also not throw any error message.

When I have checked sapinst_dev log in C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW701\AS-JAVA\ORA\CENTRAL directory ,its show me :

2011-05-20 11:50:27.939

CJSlibModule::writeWarning_impl()

Execution of the command ""C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW701\AS-JAVA\ORA\CENTRAL\install\jlaunch.exe" UserCheck.jlaunch com.sap.security.tools.UserCheck "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW701\AS-JAVA\ORA\CENTRAL\install\lib;C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW701\AS-JAVA\ORA\CENTRAL\install\sharedlib;C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW701\AS-JAVA\ORA\CENTRAL\install" -c sysnr=00 -c ashost=SAPEBSA1 -c client=100 -c user=SAPJSF -c XXXXXX -a checkOnly -u SAPJSF -p XXXXXX -user_type system -message_file UserCheck.message" finished with return code -3. Output:

Usage : C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW701\AS-JAVA\ORA\CENTRAL\install\jlaunch.exe [-options] <arg0> <arg1> ... <argn>

Launch the specified java program

options : [-file=<property file>] (default=jlaunch.properties)

* [-nodename=<node name>] (default=jlaunch)*

* [-app=<application name>] Standalone application*

* -> <property file> = <application name>.properties*

* -> <SAP profile> = <application name>.pfl*

* [pf=<SAP profile>] (default=jlaunch.pfl)*

* [-parent=<pid of the parent process>] (default=0)*

* [-tracefile=<filename>] (default=dev_jlaunch)*

Critical Error

Can't read program properties

-> Internal program error (rc = -1)

INFO 2011-05-20 11:50:27.955 [synxcfile.cpp:427]

*CSyFileImpl::removeEx(ISyFSErrorHandler * pErrorHandler)*

lib=syslib module=syslib

Removed file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW701\AS-JAVA\ORA\CENTRAL\dev_UserCheck.

TRACE 2011-05-20 11:50:27.955

NWException thrown: nw.ume.generalError:

. DIAGNOSIS: For more details see output of log file:

TRACE 2011-05-20 11:50:28.80 [iaxxdlghnd.cpp:131]

CDialogHandler::doHandleDoc()

Dialog validator of dialog : d_nw_ume_standalone_abap

called by :|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|ci|0|NW_CI_Instance_Configure_Java|ind|ind|ind|ind|javaconfig|0|NW_UME_Configuration|ind|ind|ind|ind|ume|0|NW_UME_Configuration_Standalone|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|askPasswords

returns false without any additional information.

TRACE 2011-05-20 11:50:28.80 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:1248]

CGuiEngineImp::acceptAnswerForBlockingRequest

Waiting for an answer from GUI

UserCheck JLAUNCH file :

UserCheck.Name = UserCheck

UserCheck.ClassPath = C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW701\AS-JAVA\ORA\CENTRAL\install\sharedlib\launcher.jar

UserCheck.mainclass = com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart

UserCheck.rootPath = C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW701/AS-JAVA/ORA/CENTRAL/

UserCheck.JavaPath = C:/j2sdk1.4.2_30-x64

Plese give me your valuaable advice.

Many Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is your options:

1. Login to SAPEBSA1 with SAPJSF and password you provided in the SAPinst. If you are not able to login ... login with any other user like DDIC.

Change user type of SAPJSF to Dialog ( if user not exist then create user SAPJSF) and assign role 1. SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO and 2. SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION.

Once you are able to login, then change user type to system and then try to continue in SAPinst.

-Sanjay

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the log here is my understanding. You are installing java only instance and while installation you selected abap as a ume backend client.

Because of that installation is looking for abap system to attached.

uninstall the installation. Restar installation and select java ume as a backend.

sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Yes, i have selected the data source for UME as external ABAp and that's what i intend to achieve here.But i am not able to do so if i select this option where as if i select Java database as my UME data source then i am able to proceed further.

And as per our requirement we have to configure external ABAP as my UME data source.

Please suggest accordingly.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another alternative, complete installation with Java itself as UME.

After installation configure the ABAP backend as UME:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/45/1bbdccc7850064e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created SAPJSF user in ABAP system with required roles?

Thanks

SM