cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapdata4 folder 98% full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have our sap system installed on unix and database is oracle . Sapdata4 is 98% full . Can anyone tell what is stored in this folder. Is there any way to reduce the occupancy of this folder or archiving the data from this folder .

Regards,

Sneha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos
We have our sap system installed on unix and database is oracle . Sapdata4 is 98% full . Can anyone tell what is stored in this folder. Is there any way to reduce the occupancy of this folder or archiving the data from this folder

Before going for Options/Solutions provided by other techies, I strongly suggest to ask your BASIS Administrator/Consultant to check this.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Until you have free space in any one of the sapdata's, you dont need to panic.

However if all the sapdata's are full or nearing 100%, you can do the following :

1. Ask your OS administrator to add some disk space in sapdata4.

2. Else ask him to create a new sapdata (sapdata5) and some disk space.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Nilesh Jagtap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add to what other have said.Please check whether sapdata4 contains datafiles that are auto extend or not.As suggested by others you would need to add some space or else create a new file system and add the data files to the tablespaces that have data files in sapdat4.Archiving would solve some of the problems if you do a reorg after the archiving since you need to reclaim the space.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It same problem wit me last time. i face 98% in sapdata6 and sapdata5 that contains PSAPBTABI tablespace,etc.

i just increase my JFS using smitty jfs around 4 GB depend your freespace in your SAP volume group.(my environment in AIX 5.2). now, my SAPDATA5 is 92% and SAPDATA6 is 94%.

regards,

Agni Yudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai..

Check the following points

1) Table space used(%)from brtools / db02 Tcode.

2) Data file is in auto extended mode.

if table space is more 90% and data file is in auto extended mode, then it is alerting, Then create a new file system with sapdata5 and move some of the data file from sapdat4 to sapdat5 using brtools.

Cheers

KHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

If this is an Filesystem-Warning the Application archiving will not solve this 98% topic.

1st check as previuosliy mentioned if there are NON-Databasefiles in the Filesystem where sapdata4 is located - if Yes, and if it possible to move them elsewhere ... then do it!

If you have LMTS enabled and the summary of MaxSize of all your Datafiles in sapdata4 does not exceed the size available in the logical Volume of the Filesystem where sapdata4 is located - then you do not need to take care of anything.

In case if you have promised more space to the Database as it is available in your Filesystem you need to take aktion immediately.

- either enhance (if possible) the logical Volume where sapdata4 is located.

- or - move one or more of your Datafiles to an other logical volume containing sapdatas with appropriate free space - be sure to use brtools for this activity, because you might corrupt your database if you are not absolutely sure how to process this task with SQL.

- or - Create new Datafiles in an different sapdata/Logical Volume and reduce the MaxSize within sapdta4 of each single Datafile which has not yet reached the MaxSize Value until the sum of maxSize ist lower than the Size of your Logical Volume.

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

"sapdata4" contains data files of the Oracle database. At this stage, you should check is there any other files stored under the same logical volume. If yes, so you can move the other files from this mount point to another location.

As a second solution, you can create a new mount point and continue to create data files in it, such as "sapdata5".

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We have our sap system installed on unix and database is oracle . Sapdata4 is 98% full . Can anyone tell what is stored in this folder. Is there any way to reduce the occupancy of this folder or archiving the data from this folder .

"sapdata4" is part of your database content.

If you haven't yet set up an archiving project you will not get around to adding more disk space.

Markus