DEFECT TYPE AND CATALOGUE
Wether we can create and assign defect type(9) in plant wise
pls advice me, if it is possible
and also what are the cataloge we want to create in the begining of the project other than user decision(3) and Defect type(9)
pls tell me this too
Thanks in advance
Anand Rao replied
It can be understood better if we take example of quality notification. (Applicable to both automatically and manually created notifications)
1. Now while recording defects, you will get display of all code groups under catalogue 9.
2. Amongst them you select appropriate defect codes by ticking them.
3. Similarly if you want to note down what were the causes that resulted defects to occur, you can enter cause codes in next tab in notification. The display of these cause codes will be from catalogue 5.
4. Tasks are the activities that you plan in order to eliminate the root cause.
5. Activities are the steps that you have completed in accordance with the tasks.
6. Example are, (may vary as per case)
Defect u2013 Damage
Causes- Excess pressure, Job misallocation
Task u2013 Machine parameters should be adjusted, stoppers to be provided to avoid job shifting
Activities u2013 Parameter adjustment done, Stoppers provided, Operator training provided for ensuring appropriate parameters.
Lets now understand what catalogue profile does? Catalogue profile creation and assignment in material master is not mandatory.
a. Suppose you have created 30 defects code groups, each of which may contain several defect codes
b. Letu2019s say for a particular material only 5 code groups are applicable. If user gets display of all 30 code groups while recording defects, it confuses user to select from such a big list.
c. Catalogue profile contains exactly this 5 code groups. This profile can contain code groups from other catalogues also.
d. Now while recording defects, causes, tasks and activities you get display of restricted code groups.
If you use catalogue profile, you can assign the code groups under 2, 5 and 8 in the same profile.
Such profile when you assign in material master, it restricts the other code groups to be displayed