cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Consolidaiton - Cutover strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing BPC-NW 7.5 or consolidation.

The go-live date is in the mid of the financial year. We follow calendar year as financial year and the go-live will be on 1-Aug-11.

My understanding is that we will need to upload balances (with Transaction types wherever required) as on the begning of the financial year (1-Jan-2011) as well as on the date of golive (1-Aug-2011)? This needs to be done to get opening balances with proper movement types. Is this correct?

Now, assuming if the above statement is correct, how will the changes during the financial year be taken care of. E.g. We need to consolidate some of the entities using Equity method. If there is a change in holding % somewhere in June 2011 (which is before go-live) how will the system take care of this?

Thanks a lot for your advice in advance.

Best Regards

SSC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing BPC-NW 7.5 or consolidation.

The go-live date is in the mid of the financial year. We follow calendar year as financial year and the go-live will be on 1-Aug-11.

My understanding is that we will need to upload balances (with Transaction types wherever required) as on the begning of the financial year (1-Jan-2011) as well as on the date of golive (1-Aug-2011)? This needs to be done to get opening balances with proper movement types. Is this correct?

Now, assuming if the above statement is correct, how will the changes during the financial year be taken care of. E.g. We need to consolidate some of the entities using Equity method. If there is a change in holding % somewhere in June 2011 (which is before go-live) how will the system take care of this?

Thanks a lot for your advice in advance.

Best Regards

SSC

============================================

Hi SSC,

Correct me if I am wrong with your question.

1. You will upload TB of 2011.JAN on 2011.AUG.

2. TB of 2011.JAN will be the opening balance.

3. You will have an event to change share ratio of holding on 2011.JUN.

4. What happens?

If The steps I got from your writing is correct, I do not see any problem since BPC time is not based on real time, you can open 2011.JAN even if the current is 2011.AUG, the time is controled by Work Status that you will set. Therefore 2011.JUN change will be invoked whenever you do consolidation.

Let me know I think you have more stories on it.

Best Regards,

YH Seo