cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping of ECC transaction type with BPC flow types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing ECC6.0/ BI 7.0 and BPC 7.5 NW.

We need to configure cash-flow in BPC (indirect method). I believe for cash-flow (and other purposes like Consolidation of Investments) purpose we will need to map ECC Transaction types with BPC Flow type.

-->Please could you share your experience with cash-flow configuration in BPC?

-->Could you share a sample mapping between ECC transaction type-> BPC Flow type?

Thanks a lot in advance,

SSC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

I was curious to know whether your issue was resolved as I am facing similar issue myself.

Although I could make field Transaction Type as optional but beyond that I am stuck.

So it would be great if you could share your inputs, if any.

Regards,

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had mapped all the ECC transaction types to BPC as FLOW using the conversion file.  Few examples -

Internal     External

616          F616

615          F615

.....          .....

*               F15 (all other will get mapped to F15)

Account dimension will have your normal Group Chart Of Accounts and accounts for cash flow statement. 

We had written the "Account-Based-Calculation" rule to generate Cash Flow Statement

In this Rule, Account & Flow combination will generate another set of records with cash flow accounts.

Ex

ACCT1 & F616 will generate record with account as CF_ACCT1.  These cash flow accounts will then be used in the cash flow statement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rashmi

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

Morning,

Thanks for your update.

I could understand 2nd part of assigning transaction types to flow through conversion file.

What I didn't understand is that what you have done in ECC. ie. " Account - based- calculation rule ".

It would be great if you could share which are transaction types you mapped and how did you mapped it.

If it is not too much then you can send me mail @ pdvanjara@gmail.com.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

"Account-Based-Calculation" is a business rule in BPC and not in ECC.

Summerised steps would be as follows -

1. In ECC you need to do required settings for creating different transction types in different moduls like FI / TRM / SD / MM etc
  2. In BPC you need to map these transaction types to FLOW dimension
  3. Create another set of accounts only for Cash Flow statement in BPC
  4. Create "A-B-C" rule in BPC with Accoun and Flow types to map it to Cash Flow Accounts
  5. Create Cash Flow statement report in BPC

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rashmi

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks again for your reply.

But quite honestly, I am still stuck up at point 1.

hope you can understand my concern.

Regards,

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

These settings are normally done by the module leads from ECC side.  These transaction types, its nature etc is identified in the requirement gathering phase.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rashmi