cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Program to Create TRs in SOLMAN

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently, we are creating TRs through SOLMAN_WORKCENTER transaction. It is being done manually by going to 'Change management' Tab in 'SOLMAN_WORKCENTER'->'PROJECTS'(QGATE Project not CHARM)-> TR is being created for a specific project using 'Create Transport Request' button.

I was wondering, whether this process can be automated, so that developers can directly create a TR, through a web application or email. The frontend application will be creating TR in backend in SOLMAN after some validations.

I'm trying to write an ABAP program to create TRs in backend in SOLMAN, following the same process, which is being followed now using SOLMAN_WORKCENTER. This program will be called by the frontend application. This way developers can create a TR, without having direct access to SOLMAN.

I tried to use CL_CTS* classes, but it's not working. Kindly suggest some BAPIs or classes available for it.

If anybody has already worked in development of a similar solution, kindly share the technical knowhow. Also, please let me know any solutions from SAP available for it.

Thanks in advance for your help....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Satyajit,

You can use the Root Cause Analysis link in the SAP Menu or use the URL

http://<solman_host>:<solman_port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ags_workcenter

Where the port is by default 80XX depending on your SCS instance

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for responding Guilherme.....

But, we wanted to add our own validations as per our standards like naming convention of TRs, project to be used etc...

Otherwise, the TRs created by developers in an incorrect approach, will be very hard to manage.

That's why I was looking for an ABAP code to create a TR in SOLMAN_WORKCENTER, so that we can add our own validations to it before creating the TR. If the validations fail, it should't create the TR.

Using the webdynpro link for SOLMAN_WORKCENTER as suggested, some of the functionalities can be controlled by authorizations maybe. But, we'll not able able to add any extra validations required.

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Found some classes, starting with CL_CTS* which seem to be perfect as they have the required methods. But most of these classes or methods are protected.

Seems like SAP has prohibited creation of TRs, using custom programs in SOLMAN. Not sure though.

Experts please suggest.

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, I got my answer. The class CL_TD_TRANSPORT can be used. I need to start testing it....

Answers (0)