cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capabilities of SAP SolMan KW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

SAP SolMan KW is pretty new subject for me and want to have some guidance & support on the same.

We have SAP KW as separate sytem as of now and using this only to store process procedure documents & calling them from <Application Help> from all the transactions like VA01, ME21N, etc. for end users to look for documents. Standard functionality of maintaining Status Schema & Release process is being used for the same.

Now, question is:

1) Can we replace this currently functionality being used in SAP KW system with SAP SolMan KW so that we can stop using this different system and can miantain all process document in SolMan and can use for <Application Help>?

2) Any limitations of using SolMan KW for the point 1.

3) Do we get anything more in functionality in SAP SolMan KW than SAP KW System.

Please do not send me links of SAP Help as i have already gone through the same.

As per further discussion, i will be needing support in how to achieve the same, if possible.

Points will be awarded.

Regards,

Suchit Malia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there an update on this ? We have the same situation wherein we plan to remove the SAP KW system from the landscape and use SAP Solution Manager KW instead.

I haven't found any standard SAP note on this.

Let me know, if you have found a solution to this.

Regards

Dhiraj Wamanacharya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry, i am not able to present this clearly. Let me clarify your questions but pardon me as i am very new to KW concept and dont have much idea.

Q- Do you want to use the SOLMAN KW as your document repositary? (Normal solar01 document management)

A -->

a. We are using SolMan for template & implementation projects so all project documentation is already in SolMan KW.

b. We have separate SAP KW also as different system.

c. This SAP KW System stores ONLY business process procedure documents which is being called via <Aplication Help> in ECC transactions. This was done almost 2-3 years back and there was no SolMan consultancy available at that time for project.

Q-do you want to connect both of them ?(for this check SAP note Note 710712 - Connecting external KW to Solution Manager)

A --> No

Q- else do you want install new KW in top of solman KW? (for this check SAP note Note 966400 - Solution Manager and Knowledge Warehouse)

A --> No. We want to stop using separate SAP KW System if SolMan KW has capability to provide same functionality as stated above.

Q- else do you want to moigrate the data from SAPKW to SOLMAN KW database (check the same sap note)

A--> If SolMan KW can provide same functionality of calling process documents via <Application Help> from ECC transactions, then 'YES', we need to move all docs from SAP KW to SolMan KW.

Q-other query regarding advantages on SAP Solman KW, all the normal functionalites like 'document history' or 'electronic signature' or available only in solution manager and efficient way of archiving and export to other repository(content server)

all posible.

A--> 1 statement is fine.

2nd statement regarding archiving and exporting - Please check my other thread of today which has subject of 'Performance issue in document Management.....'

Thanks.

Regards,

Suchit Malia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wiaitng for inputs.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is still open. Any information on the same?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

As per your above reply the only way that we have to direct standard variant IWBHELP to solman help page.

But I am not sure A virtual name for where the Solution Manager documents are stored or is it something real or physical that can be accessed, as per the sap help All documents managed by the Solution Manager except for roadmap topics and accelerator documents (SAP documentation) are stored in the document area 'IWBSOLAR'.

But not sure about setting under SR13 and SI24 and make it usable for application help.

else the other way, as normal

we copy (like from the documentation CD ) the exported data form the content server(Old KW) to the directory(Like standard HTMLHELP\HELDATA\EN) (Or any \xx\yy) to the solution manager server.And give this path to the SR13 IWBHELP like...
solutionmgr\HTMLHELP\HELPDATA

Please check.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Please allow me to clarify basic requirement again:

1) Lets assume we have migrated all process documents into SolMan respective folder.

2) Now, We want whenever a transaction is executed in ECC i.e. VA01 then if i go to Menu->Application Help of VA01, then Process Document of VA01 should get opened, which is stored in SolMan KW.

Is the above proposed solution from you, will take care of this? Sorry for asking as i am really not sure about this.

Thanks.

Regards,

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I m sorry, I am nt clear of your query,

Do you want to use the SOLMAN KW as your document repositary? (Normal solar01 document management)

do you want to connect both of them ?(for this check SAP note Note 710712 - Connecting external KW to Solution Manager)

else do you want install new KW in top of solman KW? (for this check SAP note Note 966400 - Solution Manager and Knowledge Warehouse)

else do you want to moigrate the data from SAPKW to SOLMAN KW database (check the same sap note)

other query regarding advantages on SAP Solman KW, all the normal functionalites like 'document history' or 'electronic signature' or available only in solution manager and efficient way of archiving and export to other repository(content server)

all posible.

And I hope you already got this help [LINK|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/a4/4f691faacf423db80f286787c5a527/frameset.htm] which cleary stated the difference on SAPKW and SAP Solman KW, Thats much clear and standard one. i am sharing this again, not for you. But there are lots of other who looked for the solutions, mightbe tat help others.

Thanks,

Jansi