Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange difference

former_member7439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We have implemented Parallel Currency GBP in addition to INR,When we are posting payments -its also poting to Exchange variation account.Though in INR amount =0 but in GBP there is valus of 0.01-differnce in DR/CR in GBP.Original booking in in INR.Why this issue.Woyld my GBP & INR values differ in that case for exchange variation.

Pls help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The values should be different in case of forex differences.

Because these differences based on the document currency, If the document currency is INR, then the system posts forex differences if any and vice versa for GBP also.

I think your comapny code currency might be INR, so you can consider the values only in INR.

Rgds

Murali. N

former_member7439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

But that would vitiate the values flows.SInce parallel currency should be taking the values from TX currecny-my results would not be comparable in two currecny-i.e GBP & INR.I am thinking since these ate parallel currecncies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello-

I am not sure if i understood your problem correctly, but guessing that you are seeing balances in parallel currency, here are few cents from me. What value did you maintain for "Source Currency" in transaction OB22? If you have maintained transaction currency, and in your example if the transaction is in GBP, you will not see any balance but if you had "first local currency" as source currency, then based on forex, it will re-calculate parallel currency due to which you will see balances in parallel currency. Also, if you want to get rid of these balances, you can use transaction F-05 where you can post directly to the parallel currencies (leaving local currency field blank).

Hope this helps.

Shail