Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Solution Manager 7.1 vs Solution Manager 7 EHP1

Hi All,

Anywhere i can have the comparison between Solution Manager 7.1 vs Solution Manager EHP1 interm of functional and technical area?

Information for Solution Manager 7.1 is just limited, what i can get is just some release info from SAP teched Sapphire.

Appreciate if anyone can share the differences between the two release.

Nicholas Chang.

Hello Nicolas

I have had the opportunity to work with Solution Manager 7.1 in beta phase.

As you know however a customer or partner cannot give away information from beta or rampup's due to signed agreements so the information is coming from SAP Community in general and different SAP events.

E2E wise you should see database root cause analysis to enable RCA to not only feature non database components but also have metrics on the database. There should be several type of reports available for each type of database (Oracle, SQL Server and so on) which provide valuable information for RCA.

EEM already exists and can be used. Basically you install a diagnostics agent on a laptop and place to laptop somewhere and then automatically run prebuild test scenarios and check the performance in terms of business steps. This makes it possible to see which steps in a business process are running badly or where an issue is located. You could use this to have several EEM agents on different geographical locations and by doing so check the performance on each of those locations.

cCTS will offer additional functionality for CTS in terms of bundeling systems and transports together and also more protection to avoid mistakes like overtaker functionality (avoiding a newer transport with same objects to be imported before an older transport with same objects).

You can find some information in the SAPPHIRENOW replays although limited for Solution Manager but some information like reverse engineering of business process documentation and enhanced business blueprint (properly modeling business processes with decision points on so on).

Following people on twitter who are into Solution Manager and reading SCN content on Solution Manager already gets you some valuable information. Questioning SAP when they release a blog on new featureus is also a good opportunity to find out more.

iii) I had the message confirmed twice during SAP events that it was not possible to take on CHARM projects to Sol Man 7.1. Which created a fuzz at least because some customers are heavily using CHARM. I believe it is also stated in a SAP Note on Solution Manager 7.1 somewhere.

I have heard CHARM and Qaulity Gate Management would merge but I don't have any written confirmation on it.

Kind regards

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question