cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Mtn. Plant Mandatory for Notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM Gurus,

I created a PM Notification Type where the Maintenance Plant comes in second tab (Location Tab). Also this field is made mandatory (required entry). But when users created a notification, system allows save with out an enty to Maintenance Plant field. It s only prompted if the user clicks the second tab (Locations Tab). Is there a way to resolve this issue so that system doesn't allow users to save notifications even if they dont click Locations tab.

Cheers

Deepal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But I not thinking of a development. The same mechanism works for priority type even its in the second tad. But not for plant. Can this not be controlled by configuration ?

Cheers

Deepal

shailendradupadhyay
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For my understanding ,will you enter Maintenace plant every time when notification created for reference object.(isit changing evertime )

Generally it picks all values from equipment or FL master data location Tab.

Shail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the Maintenance Plant field & other required fields mandatory in Equipment / Functional Location master using OIAF transaction code.

In OIAZ, make the Maintenance Plant & other required fields as Display.

So all the details will be derived from Master, and the people who are creating notification, can have only display access.

I hope this may solve your issue.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. For this notification type I don't use any reference object. Users are therefore expected to enter manually.

Cheers

Deepal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow this path:

IMG => PM & CS => Maintenance & Service Processing => Maintenance & Service Notifications => Notification Creation => Notification Types => Define Transaction start values

In that, mention the Initial Func Code as ILOA - Location Data. So that, while opening the notification, it will go to Location Tab directly.

But this will work for all the notification types.

Analyse before going for this solution.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran.

thanks for your reply. But as you said I'll have to use this for all the Notification Types. I wonder how it works for "Priotiry Types" and lot for "Mtn. Plant".

cheers

Deepal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The solution provided by Maheshwaran is correct .One thing I want to add that it is also applicable to notification types and is not common for all types.

Once you reach the exact menu option you will find a field for notification type also.

Regds'

Achal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achal,

Thanks for the solution. But one correction to be made. Notification Type over there is not for the purpose we are discussing here. Its to default the Notificaiton Type in different T-Codes.

Cheers

Deepal

shailendradupadhyay
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check user Exit, *QQMA0014:QM/PM/SM: Checks before saving a notification.

*shail