cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legacy transfer of bal

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are preparing go live, our cutover day is 06.30.2011

for fixed asset account, there are two type, one is asset account like computer equipment, the other is accumulated depreciation, like accum depre.-computer, so can i use GL balance upload program to upload the balance of two type accounts above?

if I use upload program to handle the first type of account and use OASV to handle the accumlated depreciation account, which amount I should fill in? do i need to ask finance staff to return me the figure as 06.30.2011 depreciation?

for vendor reconcillation account, can I use the same GL upload program to upload? or should I use open item upload program to upload? can reconcillation account be diretly posted or is there a mechanism that we can reset for vendor reconcillation account?

besides the stock account, is there any other account type we should not use GL balance upload program to upload? thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Asset cutover:Normally for asset cutover, you should use the transaction codes AS91 or AS92. With these transactions, you would be able to create the assets and also upload the Acquisition values and the accumulated depreciation (decide the cutoff date and upload the acc depn till that date). By using these transactions only will the balances be updated in the Asset accounting module of SAP. Then for the GL accounts, for both the acquisition accounts and the acc depn accounts, you have to upload the balances using OASV transaction code.

Vendor balances upload:

For vendor balances you have to upload the open items and you cannot just update the balance in the vendor reconciliation account. You have to upload the balances open item wise for each vendor account. You cannot reset the reconciliation type for the vendor accounts and cannot post directly to it.

Similar is the case with customer open items also.

For cash journal also, you have to upload the opening balance in FBCJ and not use GL upload programs.

In India, even for updating the Excise register balances you should not use GL upload programs but a seperate procedure. If you want I can provide the details separately.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks and regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, so for account payable reconcillation account, you mean we cannot use GL upload program, instead we should use open item upload program? if it is yes, I have a big problem, our legacy system is another version of sap, if we go to fbl1n, it can list items by vendor, but it didn't gives me the detail of debit side and credit side, so if I want to upload using open item upload excel template, how to get the detail of debit and credit side of each document and fill the details?

Does it mean I need to click each fbl1n item, check the document? for example, for vendor 10002, my fbl1n tell me the open item double entry is Cr: 10002 385.00 USD Dr: A/P account 350, Dr: PPV price 20 Dr: accrued VAT 15

if your opinion is correct, then besides stock account, we should also not using GL balance upload program to upload accrued VAT, PPV price, A/P account ?

how about P&L account and retained earning account, how to upload balance?

for fixed asset, our asset transfer date is 30.05.2011, but our go live date is 30.06.2011, so in as91, how to fill the accumlated depreciation amount(should we use 30.05.2011 or 30.06.2011 to calculate accum. depreciation? in OASV, we are required to post both debit and credit side, if I put Dr : computer equipment 10000 Cr: accum depreciation 3000 , which kind of account i should post the difference 7000?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally for upload of legacy balances there would be a seperate set of Migration accounts. For example:

Vendor Migration account

Customer Migration account

Asset Migration account

Retained earnings Migration account

LIabilities Migration account

Asset Migration account

So when we are uploading the vendor open items, we would offset the entry with the vendor migration account. At the end of the whole upload of the legecy balances, if we look at all the migration accounts together, they would tally to zero.

With this method, you dont have to worry about what is the offsetting line in the vendor open item.

Normally the P/L account line items or balances would not be uploaded. It is just the retained earnings as on the date of the Go-live is uploaded. But if you want to upload all the P/L account balances, then you should have a seperate migration account for it and you should upload the balances cost center wise, profit center wise etc.

For assets, since your asset transfer date is 31.05.2011, you should upload the acquisition values and the acc depn as on that date. For the one month till go live, all the asset transactions that took place have to manually be entered in SAP again using the normal SAP transactions. (just like how you do day to day asset transactions).

Accrued vat is also a normal GL account only and the GL balances upload program can be used for it. I was mentioning about Indian scenario where for the taxes, we have some registers also which need to be updated.

Regards

Venkatesh

Edited by: Venkatesh Kanniah on May 20, 2011 12:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks.

but I changed my mind, I reset the reconcillation account for asset accumulation reconcillation account and directly use GL balance upload program to upload, I don't use oasv, is it ok?

also for P&L account, expense, cogs account, retained earning account, do we need to upload as well?

you mean auc we can use as91 to upload? then what's the accumulated depreciation? as I know auc no depreciation, so auc how to upload? you mean AS92?

how to find the dep key based on company code rather than asset class?