Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute management- reversal document does not close case

former_member193516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the following situation:

1. Dispute Case is opened on FI document (invoice coming from SD).

2. SD invoice is reversed and though this

3. a new FI document is created- reversal document

the in 1 created document is cleared and no longer open (clearing document is the from SD into FI transferred invoice).

However, the case stays still open and the amount tobe disputed is the same as in 1.

Is there a configuration on this I might have missed or is there a different process to do this?

Thanks

Hein

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you matched the new document off against the old document?

Normally if you raised an invoice in error and you wanted to credit the customer you would create a credit note and not reverse the billing document.

Reversing a live billing document is not allowed in most countries as it is a VAT document and needs to be kept.

Creating a credit note in full will then create a secondary VAT document.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have this working within one system landscape - where SD invocie is reversed and FI document (reversal) is created through VF12.

However, for distributed landscape (FSCM in different system to where the FI reversal is made, not). Seems to me that reversal information is not travelling across into FSCM.

Anyone with a solution for this?

Cheers

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

sounds like one for OSS.

More than likely a BASIS issue for the ALE of data.

former_member193516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

customising process integration with AR - activation credit memos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having a similar issue. However, I am not reversing the SD document, I am reversing the residual document.

Example - payment is partially applied to the invoice, creating a residual item. A dispute case is created linking the residual item to the case. The residual item is then reversed - the dispute case is not closing (or voiding) automatically.

Is there configuration to make it void the dispute case automatically if the linked object is reversed?

Thanks,

Melissa