cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index search question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a search index to look for documents by the "Creation Date".

I'm doing an iview to show the last ten documents posted in the portal and that's why I need the index. I've found the following linkg but this is a little generic:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/73/66c08dacf611d5993700508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

Can anybody tell me a link where I could see a similar example?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Davidro,

I'm not aware of any documentation which will describe your secnario exactly, however have a look at this How-To guide and it should give you a good base knowledge to work from.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e6fdf113-0701-0010-d1ad-cc8a46838...

Using the search options you can allow your users to filter their search results based on the creation date parameter, essentially you can use the "Additional Search Properties" parameter of the Search Option Set to allow a search on any property you wish to include.

You can also use the "Filter by predefined Properties" in the options section of your search iview to select the created date for your search, this is also controlled from the Search Options Set used in the search iview in the "Allowed Predefined Properties" parameter. See also

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cc/f4e77ddef1244380b06fee5f8b892a/frameset.htm

Regards,

Lorcan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Loracan.

I have my first search index.

I have two questions or problems I'm unable to solve. The first is that, I don't know if it is possible to duplicate and existing component like standard_search and define only one property like "Created" and Display Result with "Order by".

And my second question is if it's possible to run this search index automatically in my iview. I mean, that if I run preview of my view I get the list of documents ordered by "Created" without having to choose the options.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards.

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Davidro,

You can't actually duplicate the component parts like standard_search themselves however you don't need to, you can control what is seen from the Search Options set.

You could for example uncheck the option "Enable Standard Properties" and in the "Allowed Predefined Properties" select only "created" removing all others. Alternatively you could enter the property cm_created in the "Predefined Properties (csv)" parameter. You can also change the properties that are selectable for sorting in the "Allowed Sort Properties" and set the "Default Property for Sorting" Parameter.

Everything in the search iview is very much interchangeable via the search options set so play around with its parameters and you should be able to achieve what you need.

Kind regards,

Lorcan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lorcan,

I've practically finished the iview and the result seems fine.

The only thing I don't know how to disable is the empty cell and the search button that I've at the top list of the documents.

I need to push the button to get the list of documents but, I know it's possible to run immeditelly the search without the button.

Do you know what parameter I have to disable?

Thank you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorcan,

I've added the following to the iview query parameter:

&SearchType=quick&QueryString=*&SearchVisible=false

Thus I haven't the search field.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards.

David.

Answers (0)