cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA TYPE IN ABAP CORRESPONDING TO TYPE REAL IN MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on a code to fetch data from MDM, using the *MDM ABAP APIs*_._ I could retrieve almost all the Fields except for one, which has data type REAL in MDM. I need to find the type in ABAP, corresponding to the type REAL in MDM. I need to define this field in the structure but I am not sure as to which data type to put against it. I have already tried float, decimal, string, char... nothing works!!

Kindly let me know if anybody has come across the same issue and resolved it.

Thanks and regards,

Aastha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

its a 4 byte field, so ideally if u assign it to float it should work

but the point is check if the api for retrieving the real datatype itself is throwing an exception ??

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I know that Real is a 4 byte field and hence i tried using FLTP, that is float. I even tried with DEC i.e. decimal, because real allows use of commas etc.. as we have in DEC. But , it is not working anyways.

There is no dump, we can expect a dump only after we can define the field. Everytime I try defining this field in the structure i get an excetion saying that this field does not exist. I need the proper type to get that field identified.

Thanks,

Aastha

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the ABAP api manuals that suggests retrieving real data types is a constraint ...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm71/helpdata/en/44/9ae34b58f65e8fe10000000a422035/content.htm

i prefer checking this with SAP with the api version details - sorry

thanks

-Adrivit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aashta,

Please check the below code provided by SAP to insert field of Type Real, check the Structure used over here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/d3/21ed2f45e84f219b9227e8f4f5f013/content.htm

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aastha

We have had the same problem.

Use measurement with type "none" instead your real fields

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're getting the same problem too.

Have you deleted your Real fields and u've created them as a measurement field?

Is it really necessary to create the fields with type 'measurement'?

Or do you maintain in MDM your field with type Real and you treat it as type 'mesurement' into your ABAP API with measure 'none', while in SAP ECC it's created as a numeric with decimals.

Thanks for your feedback!

Carlos Santamaría.