Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMSPING Availability Monitoring - No Java only availability - No details

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dears

I have set up a CCMSPING agent on a Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 and I have inserted a number of managed SAP systems.

Except for Java only SAP systems the availability monitoring is working.

When checking RZ21 the CCMSPING tests are succesful for the Java only SAP systems but in the System Monitoring workcenter the Java only SAP systems have a red rating.

I have I have already checked a alot of SAP notes. According to those notes the availability monitoring through CCMSPing should work properly given the HTTP port is maintained (5<instance no>00) and the message server host name in RZ21 matches the Java system hostname in SMSY.

A second thing I noticed is that when I click a Dual Stack or ABAP SAP system in the System Monitoring workcenter the details show the different components of the SAP system but all of them state "No CCMSping Data Available" although the SAP system itself is stated green.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve these issues?

Kind regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the RZ21 set-up of monitored system (java), RZ21 > Technical Infrastructure > Availability monitoring > Confugure CCMSPING availability > views > Connection view, you indicate you've specified Message Server host and port 5$$xx. Port should be message server http port 81##,

where ## is instance number of your SCS instance related to the monitored java instance.

Ken

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

You should have a look at these SAP notes, if you have not already done so:

1082189 - CCMSPING: Error in Availability of :Java Instances

1065754 - CCMSPING: False alerts, inactive MTEs for Java DS instances

Also make sure you have CCMSPING registered with the -push option.

The ccmsping.log file might also contain some errors that could help determine the problem.

There are also come points to check at the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/49/2fb95c65a116b4e10000000a42189d/content.htm

Regards,

Brendan