cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while updating EP6.0 from SP09 to SP27

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the following error while updating the Enterprise portal 6.0 from SP09 to SP27.

WARNING 2011-05-19 16:50:09

CJSlibModule::writeWarning_impl()

Execution of the command "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13-x64/bin/java.exe '-classpath' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/install/sharedlib/launcher.jar;.' '-Xmx512m' 'com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart' 'com.sap.engine.configtool.batch.BatchConfig' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/install/lib;C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/install/sharedlib' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/getSafeMode.xml'" finished with return code 31415. Output:

Can not get DB connection. Batchconfig will only be able to execute offline tasks.

ERROR 2011-05-19 16:50:09

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

CJS-20076 Error while retrieving the mode of the Java engine. SOLUTION: See output of logfile C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/getEngineMode.log: 'Can not get DB connection. Batchconfig will only be able to execute offline tasks.

'.

TRACE [iaxxejsbas.hpp:384]

handleException<ESAPinstJSError>()

Converting exception into JS Exception EJSException.

ERROR 2011-05-19 16:50:09

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

CJS-20076 Error while retrieving the mode of the Java engine. SOLUTION: See output of logfile C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/getEngineMode.log: 'Can not get DB connection. Batchconfig will only be able to execute offline tasks.

'.

Please hel me to resolve this issue.

Regards

Karthik Ravoori

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Execution of the command "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13-x64/bin/java.exe '-classpath' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/install/sharedlib/launcher.jar;.' '-Xmx512m' 'com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart' 'com.sap.engine.configtool.batch.BatchConfig' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/install/lib;C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/install/sharedlib' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/getSafeMode.xml'" finished with return code 31415. Output:

> Can not get DB connection. Batchconfig will only be able to execute offline tasks.

You'r JDK is really old, AFAIK the first one officially released for x86_64 on Windows was 1.4.2_17. I suggest you upgrade your JDK ot the latest one (1.4.2_30) and try again.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input and it helped me to fix the issue.