Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up my subtitutes option in UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

set up my subtitution option in the uwl :

1)does this option in portal directly updates the hrus_d2 table for all the systems that has been configure for all the r system connected to portal.

2)In case we delete the entry directly from the table hrus_d2 would the sunstition would get overwritten on the portal

3)we have a scenario where the table entry in hrus_d2 was deleted but still the subtitute is getting the workitems of the subtitutee.. please advise.

Rgrds,

Saket Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saket,

Some information about substitution:

The UWL is a table, and it works with Function Modules in the backend. The UWL itself does not update tables in the backend but the R/3 function modules do. It is the function modules that update the HRUS_D2 table as well as the KMC_WF_SUBSTITUTES table on the portal database.

Now some things that you should know and adhere to in regards to substitution:

1. Substitution should ONLY be maintained in the portal if you are using the substitution functionality on the portal and the Universal Worklist. Switching between the two can give you undesirable results --> this includes for UWL Substition, the creation, deletion of substitution rules

2. A substitution rule is created for ALL connectors. It is not system dependent.

3. We do not store the connection, we just call API's

4. It only works for the system(s) that is(are) registered.

5. You can also find more information in note number: 854549.

I hope that this information is helpful to you!.

Beth Maben

EP - Senior Support Consultant

AGS Primary Support, Business Suite & Technology

• Please see the UWL Wiki @

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bpx/uwl+faq ***