cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversing GR of previous year..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a client request to reverse the GR of year 2009 for which invoice is not created and as he need to close PO's for that material.

I want to know three things before doing this

1.If there is sufficient stock and material is not subjected to batch management i can reverse GR but is it feasible to reverse GR of year 2009 in sap

2.As i will not able to reverse it in that period, i will reverse it in current year/period so what will be the impacts?

3.What will be the other solution?

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member232581
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What is your actual requirement, to do reverse GR or to Close PO?

If your requirement is only to close PO. For that you can check the Delivery completed indicator for the particular item in PO Item delivery tab. Reversing the GR will not close your PO.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your actual requirement, to do reverse GR or to Close PO?

>

> If your requirement is only to close PO. For that you can check the Delivery completed indicator for the particular item in PO Item delivery tab. Reversing the GR will not close your PO.

the delivery complete indicator alone will not close the business case either.

the business case is only closed if the receipt quantity equals the billed quantity.

for this you need to run MR11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the reply!

as per your suggestion if i run MR11...it will have impact in current period(GR/IR clearing)

My requirement is to close PO in watever feasible option

Amit

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sure it will impact current period financial postings, but cancelling a goods receipt does this as well.

you cannot post something in a period 2 years back.

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

1.If there is sufficient stock and material is not subjected to batch management i can reverse GR but is it feasible to reverse GR of year 2009 in sap

Not feasibile

2.As i will not able to reverse it in that period, i will reverse it in current year/period so what will be the impacts?

It will reduce current inventory of that material in current year/ period

3.What will be the other solution?

If possible mark delivery complete indicator in PO and for GR /IR clearance take FI consultant advice

Regards

kailas Ugale

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first I would check if the material is physically there.

for me it does not make any sense to cancel a receipt, just because the invoice was not posted, only to close a PO.

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are talking of reversing a document of year 2009 which must have been closed in MM as well as FI . Hence it is not at all advisable to try opening the past period as huge data inconsistency will occur. As you say the same can be reversed in current yera /period . By this the impact will be stock quantity & value reduction by reversal quantity & value . The GR /IR account will be nuliified .

But if the item has been received physically why it is required to cancell the same .

Dhruba

Former Member
0 Kudos

please answer...

Amit