Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used SHD0 to create a transaction variant of the transaction code CN27.

I am facing below issues:

1. Though I have created another transaction ZCN27 to reflect the changes i have made, the changes are reflecting in standard transaction CN27 as well. How do I keep these two transactions separate? I want to retain standard tcode and paralytically exist my custom changes.

2. Is it possible to change the headings of the columns in transaction variant? I want to change few of the columns, can I do that?

If any of the above is not possible, can you suggest a way to create similar transaction to CN27 apart from copying the entire codes? The main requirement is just to change couple of headings and hide couple of fields. (which is easily done with the help of transaction variant.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aromalr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't activate the variant in SHD0.Instead of it create a transaction code for the Transaction variant(say ZCL01) in SE93.

Regards

Aromal R

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please logoff from SAP and login again. Now check both the transactions CN27 and ZCN27.

I tried with the transaction MM01, I created ZMM01. I can able to see the changes both in MM01 and ZMM01. Once I logoff and login again, the changes are appearing only in ZMM01.

Regards

Dande

0 Kudos

Yes, I did.

It is not working.

I had impression that there wont be any impact on CN27. And the changes would be apparent only on customized transaction.

Is there any way to change the names on the screen?

0 Kudos

Changing field names is not possible with transaction variant.

Changes in transaction variant does not reflect on original transaction. They are completely different.

aromalr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't activate the variant in SHD0.Instead of it create a transaction code for the Transaction variant(say ZCL01) in SE93.

Regards

Aromal R

0 Kudos

I dont think that is an issue because you create a transaction variant but not assigning it to standard transaction. It wont work without activating the transaction variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for solving the issue Sampath.

I can now use CN27 and ZCN27 separately now. I just Deactivated the transaction variant.

But when i am writing an enhancement, the sy-tcode shows CN27, even when I am using ZCN27.

Can it be fixed? or how can I know when a transaction variant is being used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, got it>

I used the method cl_dynpro=>get_current_transaction.

Thanks a ton.