Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Clarification on Ports and Maps of SRM-MDM Catalog Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing SRM-MDM Catalog:

In my standard repository three ports with names as (_MDMContractDataTransmission_ProductCategory, MDMContractDataTransmissionProductID, MDMContractDataTransmissionSupplierPartNumber) for all this ports there is only one xml Schema(MDMContractDataTransmission) is used and in my import manager i have three maps with naming convention as Ports.

when i am using the above three maps, in that only one map(_MDMContractDataTransmission_ProductID) is only used to load major contract data, but in rest of the Maps, i don't find much data related to contract data to load or i don't find any use of the it(_MDMContractDataTransmission_ProductCategory & MDMContractDataTransimissionSupplierPartNumber).

If any one have idea what kind of data used to load via maps (or) what is the exact purpose of using the below provided maps

1) MDMContractDataTransmissionProductCategory,

2) MDMContractDataTransmissionSupplierPartNumber.

Thanks for your valuable help in advance

Thanks

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can have contracts created in SRM with

1. qualified real products as item list within the contract body

u can have contracts for a particular Prod cat say (T101 - Television)

this means if ur company buys TV , they have a contract in place with Sony (say) - now whether its a LCD or LED tv

will be decided at the SC level while creating the SC

and so for SPN as well

hence for these cases the format of the xml coming in from SRM are diff , as well as the matching records fields will be diff.

hence 3 maps / 3 ports etc

check these in the IM. for more details check SRM contract management func.

hth

thanks

-Adrivit