cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Profile In Sales Opportunity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have a scenario , my client wants to maintain Customer Profile in sales opportunity .

Customer Profile Consists of : It is the Fore cast of Customer .

Suppose there is a customer A to whose yearly requirement is 45 lacs of pieces .

But we sale him some part of it .a particular item we sale to him - say [item no 1].

And remaining pieces are sold by other suppliers

But His requirement 45 lacs consists of other than [ item No 1 ].That means His 45 lacs of pieces consists of more than [ Item No 1 ] say also [ Item No 2 ],[ Item No 3 ],[ Item No 4 ],[ Item No 5 ] and may differ from customer to customer .

Some have only 1 item , some have more than 1.

Above is the scenario.

Now my client wants to maintain that the customer to whom we are selling the material,also to maintain his requirements which are sold by other Suppliers .

also to maintain their Supplier names .

aslo to maintain their Items which are sold by other suppliers .

How to map in Sales opportunity.

I tried this one . I have created UDF for Item & BP also some other UDFs but if the item goes on Extending , means if he wants to maintain data for more than 1 item then how to map it in Sales Opportunity .

Suggestions are appreciated

Regards

Krishna Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Sales oppurtunity is for converting 'Leads' into 'Customer' right then why are you maintaining it as "Marketing Documents"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kambadasan

Yes you are right Sir .

But I am not using it as Marketing Document .

I am Just Maintaining details .

Even though it is converting lead to Customer, it can also used for customer who is giving us opportunity to sale to him.

In order to that we can maintain details regarding the customer.

Can we ?

PLease suggest work around.

Regards

Krishna Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You can create the User Defined Table and store the number of items as 1,2,3......

Then create a userdefined fields and Using the 'Set link Table',you link the UDF to the UDT which you created.

So when you open the sales oppurtunity,You can see the "Number of items" as in drop down list and also u can record the other details in other UDF's

Edited by: kambadasan on May 20, 2011 10:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir

I got your Concept sir.

As u said i will create a UDF in header level and link the UDT to that UDF , where i will get the List of items entered in that table .

But more over i will be able visualise / select only one item at a time.

Suppose i also created two more udfs to select more than 1 item , then wat about other details , because if iitem is different then specifications also changes .

And also case is that customer can have also 10 different items as his requirement with huge quantity.

Regards

Krishna vamsi