cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Share

Former Member
0 Kudos

To process our Files in XI, the basis team tells me that your files are placed in the UNIX File share and not in the Windows file share? What does it mean?

If my files are in unix system? How can I place my Test files(Using Putty???) and how can I view my output files?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohin,

This means that ur XI server is installed in a UNIX system.

A better option would be to place the file in ur system only and the xi server can pull the file from ur system using FTP server.

U will have to install the FTP Server in ur system.

This server is easily downloadable.

U can go for Golden FTP Server. The setup is easily available on the net.

Regards

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks neetu. You say "xi server can pull the file from ur system using FTP server."

What does it mean? How does it differe from the Unix Server?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

that means you use the file transfer protocoll for polling the file. UNIX is an <i>operating system</i>, like LINUX or WINDOWS XP or WINDOWS NT. Your XI is running on UNIX, to handle files at UNIX file system you need some knowledge about UNIX. So it is easier for <b>you</b> to pick up the files from windows terminal using FTP.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

File Communication channel gives u an option of using NFS or FTP to poll ur file(File Protocol).

Using NFS u have to place the file in some folder in the XI server. Now if ur XI server is in a UNIX System, then u will have to know the file handling mechanism of Unix.

But in the other case, if u use FTP as ur File Protocol then u can easily place the file in some folder in ur own pc.

U just need to add that folder in the FTP Server.

When configuring the communication channel, just mention ur IP adress as the FTP server host and give the path of that folder.

XI will poll ur system depending on the time interval mentioned and pick the file from the respective folder for further processing.

Hope this makes things more clear

Regards

Neetu

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just confirm with your BASIS team if your files are placed on your XI system itself.

In this case in your file adapter you will use NFS instead of FTP and you will provide the ip details of your XI server in the adapter. Rest of the configuration remains the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any documents related to File share? If so kindly send me the document to

rohinimrm@yahoo.com

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

My basis told me that I will not get access for Unix Server.

I need to install Putty and then need to send to the unix box.

What do they mean by that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try downloading Golden FTP from net.

It is a very simple tool.

U will easily understand what needs to be done.

Regards

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PUTTY is:

<i>PuTTY is a free implementation of Telnet and SSH for Win32 and Unix platforms</i>

Basically thats a software for using telnet to transfer file from one machine to another. For this you will need to know basic commands of unix like get put file etc.

Instead if they can give u a FTP client from where you can get connected to the SAP XI server and then transfer your file to the system in a easier manner.

Regards

Vijaya