cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are sending PO from our R/3 to our VENDOR outside the firewall.

How should I make an entry in the SLD for the VENDOR, I hope its going to be Business service,Please correct me.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

the SLD entry for your R/3 system has nothing to do with an existing firewall. You customize there some system parameter like logical system name and so on. You create a techn system and later on Business System; in IB Directory you import as <b>Business System</b>, for Bus Services you dont need a SLD entry (not possible for R/3).

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neetu, my question was how should I need to declare my Vendor System , whether they need to be on Business System or they need to be declared as Business service.

Thanks.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business Service comes into the picture mostly when you use a cross company scenario.

If you dont have the details of the vendor suitable to configure your Business System, then i wud prefer you to use a Business Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ur vendor sytem is R/3 only, then u need to create it as a business sytem.

If it is a file system u can easily use it as a business service.

Regards

Neetu

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

you can declare your Vendor system (third party) as Business System (with SLD entry) - recommentable for productive systems - or Business Service (without), recommentable for test systems.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

If u are going to refer the vendor as a Business Service u dont to make an entry in the SLD.

What System is the vendor?

Regards

Neetu