cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Gantt Element & UI feasibility - ABAP Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to design a interactive timeline chart in ABAP webdynpro. Infact, the UI should be a replicate of CM33[Capacity Planning Workbench] standard transaction in our SAP. Can you let me know whether its possible to design such a interactive graphical UI in ABAP Webdynpro without using any JAVA coding/controls/plugins???

In my R&D, I have found that instead of using Business Graphics, Gantt UI can be used which will provide more interactive [lot of event handling] options. But it seems Gantt UI has to be used with XML and JNET.I don have any idea on this. I went through some of the documents but im not able to understand. Is it that JNET understanding requires JAVA skills. I dono how to design the frontend with Gantt UI and i could not find any useful documents.

Can you please help me stating whether this Capacity planning [CM33 transaction] can be replicated using only ABAP Webdynpro through Gantt UI element or any other UI without using JAVA coding.?? It will help me alot if you can provide some documents on the same..

@Thomas jung

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulrich_brenner2
Participant
0 Kudos

You don't need to code any Java to use the Gantt-Plugin (JNET) in Web Dynpro ABAP. Although it is written in Java, you feed the plugin with an XML-file which contains the data in the required format. That format is extremely complex. You find the documentation below.

For learning purposes I recommend the Web Dynpro Applications:

- WDR_TEST_GANTT

- WDR_GANTT_TEST

You have to analyse the XML-files which are attached as MIMEs to the WD components. For your own solution, you will have to transform your data into that xml format, e.g. by a Simple Transformation oder XSLT.

[Documentation Web Dynpro UI Element Gantt|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/68/248841a79f1609e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

[JNet/JGantt Developer Documentation|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/lw/uuid/f010ec31-9658-2910-3c83-c6e62904eceb&overridelayout=true]

The JNet Documentation contains additional examples, sadly there is none for Gantt. But it shows clearly the power of JNET.

If you get your hands on a PPM 5.0 installation, I highly recommend to analyse the newest cProjects-Gantt-chart which is amazing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Require further clarifications.

Im new to Webdynpro ABAP and to XML so please explain me:

How can I create a XML file at runtime?? and How can i populate my ABAP data dynamically to the XML file? Also, For each action triggered in the Gantt, I want to populate the data dynamically and pass it to the XML file...

I went thorugh all the documents mentioned. But Im not able to picturise as how to start the development..Please help me on this..

Answers (0)