Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering Problem in ALV grid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have developed a Z-ALV report that displays the billing documents + its coresponding data in the ALV grid. The columns are of type character + numeric + quantity.

I am able to put filter on all the columns successfully except one i.e. the Billing Type. In this case I am not displaying the Billing Type but I am displaying the description of the billing type with the help of FICO_DOMAIN_VALUES_GET i.e. say for example for billing type G2, I display "Credit Memo".

Now, on the ALV grid, when I try to put a filter on this column, it does not work. I do not see any records.

Can anybody please help me out with this ?.

Regards,

Danish.

Edited by: Danish2285 on May 20, 2011 10:14 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By Using the Ref_TABNAME and REF_FIELDNAME in the fieldcatalog, the filtering works.

Thanks & Regards,

Vamsi.

9 REPLIES 9

praveen_reddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use this slis_t_filter_alv.

And pass it in REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY.

Regards,

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

I dont want it to be hardcoded in the program. When my report is run, I will be using Filter manually on the ALV grid itself based on the billing types which I want.

Regards,

Danish.

0 Kudos

Hello Danish,

Generally problems with ALV filters arise with inconsistencies in the actual field length of the data object & the field length of the ALV column.

Try to set the outputlen in the fieldcatalog for the particular column explicitly & check if the filter works.

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

Thank you. it is useful solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you observe clearly,

when you click on the filter icon by selecting a column..then when you select a value among the list of the values on the filter window...the whole value will not be copied into the Filter column.This is the reason why the records are not getting filtered as

the value you supplied will be truncated.

Thanks & Regards,

Vamsi.

0 Kudos

@ Vamsi - Yes, you are very correct that the values get truncated while filtering. Can you please tell me why this is happening.

@ Madhukar- I tried converting to upper case. For some values filtering works, for some it doesnt work.

@ Suhas - I tried to change the Field catalog length. But yet it is not working !!

Regards,

Danish.

0 Kudos

I tried to change the Field catalog length. But yet it is not working !!

Post relevant portions of the code if you want better response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TRANSLATE the value from the domian FM to UPPER CASE while passing to final internal table .

Regards,

Madhukar Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By Using the Ref_TABNAME and REF_FIELDNAME in the fieldcatalog, the filtering works.

Thanks & Regards,

Vamsi.