cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pie chart legend showing digit "1" when we set "ignore blank cells"property

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have pie chart in Xcelsius 2008 that shows the data with legend value and we have also set the ignore blank cells property to ignore the blank value from column. but once we set this property, it displays the digit "1" in the legend when there is no data.

we are expecting that nothing should be displayed in pie chart legend when there is no data for the pie chart.

Thanks,

Sourabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sourabh,

I could replicate your scenario.

Workaround is to create a duplicate of this chart. Go to properties of this new chart.

Go to Appearance ->

Uncheck

- Legend

- Mouse-over values

- Data Labels

for this chart.

Write a logic in excel using 'IF' to verify if your data is empty.

Use 'Dynamic Visibility' feature to display this chart only when your data is empty.

Display your original chart if your data is not empty.

Regards,

Vamsee

sriramvijay_ravidoss
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Imitated your situation. I didn't get any legend.

I think you have to check what data is populating by using Spread sheet selector.

regards,

Sriramvijay.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

I have performed following steps - took the pie chart in Xcelsius 2008. Then in General tab --> Data section, I have provided Values (i.e. Sheet1!$F$4:$F$5) and Lables (i.e Sheet1!$E$4:$E$5) and radio button (Data in Column) was selected.

Then I have clicked on check box under Behavior>Common>Ignore Blank Cells. Both Values and Lables cells were emptied.

I was seeing the legend symbol (square) followed by 1.

we have requirement of not showing any legend value if cells are blanked. Can you let me know what steps are you following when you are not seeing legend value when cells are blanked.

Thanks,

Sourabh

sriramvijay_ravidoss
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your case you can use a image component along with dynamic visibility to hide that legend and 1.

Image component's colour should be same as Chart background.

Image component should be visible only when sum sum of all your values equal to zero.

regards,

Sriramvijay.R

Edited by: Sriramvijay.R on May 20, 2011 3:56 PM