Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore PPM Mode Linkage in Planning Board

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a a burning question here..

I'm working in a project whose using PPDS PPM with more than one activities, and multiple modes (for alternative resources). In the Activity Relationship, we define Mode Linkage as '3', so whenever we schedule an operation in Planning Board, the predecessor operation will be scheduled according to the mode relationship in PPM.

There is a requirement to break the 1-1 mode relationship for exceptional planning during short term period. Without changing the Mode Linkage, can we break the relationship in Planning Board using a specific PP/DS strategy?

*Hope my question is clear enough

Thanks

Yudhia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try with below two options.

1. Scheduling strategy strategy parameters for dependent objects -check the chekbox retain current mode. This avoids rescheduling of dependent operation to alternative resource.

2. Scheduling strategy strategy parameters for dependent objects order-int rel.- do not consider.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the reply.

When I changed the Order Int-Rel to Do Not Consider, I couldnt move any order (inlcuding dep.orders) to alternative resource.

So now, I'm using Order-Int.Rel = Always Consider and I have the flexibility to move it to alternative resource.

But the problem is that I think it always read the Mode Linkage in PPM. Whenever I move the dependant order to it's alternative resource, the parent order will also moved accoring to mode relationship.

Whereas the requirement it to break the relationship for exceptional case.

Regards

Yudhia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz. change scheduling submode (for dependent objects) in strategy setting and try.

Regards,

Laxman