Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location MRP ,Procurement Proposal

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with reorder point planning storage location MRP , the details are as below

Stock Qty.on 05/13/11 - 4 Nos

Qty Issued on 05/13/11 - 1 No

Reorder Level Qty - 4

Replenishment Qty is - 3

Sloc MRP indicator is -2

MRP Type PD

Lot size -EX

Max Lot Size -0

Min lot Size -0

MRP Run on 05/14/11 Created 2 Purchase requisitions of Qty -3 each

It should create only one proposal for 3 Qty.

What could be the possible reason?

Thanks

Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that the stock is at your storage location in question.

The first PR is for stock transfer request between storage location. The material stock after issued (3) is below reorder point (4) therefore the replenishment is required. The STR with replenish qty is created equal to replenishment qty (3). At plant level you will see the negative demand of the STR, therefore, the PR is initiated to procure material in.

Hope it clarifies your query.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been using this scenario for long, whenever stock falls below reorder level system creates one procurement proposal

to excced the reorder level based on replenishment quantity , so there should not be two purchase requsitions in this case

and this happened during weekend MRP run for the first time

Thanks

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you upload screenshots of MD04, MD05 & MRP-1 + MRP-4 view of the material master showing the sloc details ?

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Below is the situation

MD04 JOB Varient

Processing Key -NETCH

Create Pur.Req-1

Schedule Lines-1

Create MRP List-1

Planning Mode-1

Scheduling -1

MRP-1 View

MRP Type-PD

Lot Size-EX

MRP-4 View

Sloc MRP indicator-2

Reorder Point-4

Sp Proc Key-40

Replenishment Qty-3

Thanks

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would help if you upload screenshots of MD04 & MD05, without which it is hard to visualize the situation & provide any meaningful inputs.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek ,

I just checked in MDBT

There are two jobs running one on daily basis -NETCH key

Other on weekends with NEUPL key

I think NEUPL job is again generating requisition, is there any reason for this

Thanks

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

MRP NEUPL or NETCH would not normally generate additional supply proposals & hence I asked for the screenshots to see what is the supply / demand situation

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, i checked in MD21 the planning file entry is not eliminited after first job run , and second job run also

Could that be the cause for again creating procurement proposal , infact for some of the material the entry still exisits in planning file

Why system is not removing the entries after MRP run , and is it possible MRP to generate proposal again based on this entry?

I am also looking at OMDU this job is not planned using OMDU i guess its put in process through SM36 could that be the reason?

Thanks

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The entry would not be removed if the MRP has a termination on that material or for some reason the material was not picked up durinng MRP run or there was some MRP relevant change after the MRP run.

So check which one it is & should clarify

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still investigating ..there was no MRP relevant change after first MRP run ..

Edited by: diwakarnd deshpande on May 21, 2011 2:18 AM

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think it is due to your replenishment quantity, please change that and then check it, revert

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue is not resolved yet yesterday MRP run again created duplicate PR nad PO for same requirement

I am not able to figure out why the system is behaving in this manner , any expert opinions on MRP-CBP storage location MRP?

Thanks

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post the screen dump (MD04, MD05, MM03 - MRP screen, and maybe a job log for MRP run in background) and put the link here. We cannot help much without additional info.

If you think the planning file entries got the problem, please try MDRE to check consistent for planning file entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

maybe the problem is in the MRP type = PD. For manual reorder point planning the mrp type to be used is VB.

Regards,

Mauro

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the same exact issue. Our set up is the same. MRP for the weekdays are not duplicating, only for the weekend.

I think it has to do with how the planning file entries are being reset. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwaka

Stock Qty.on 05/13/11 - 4 Nos

Qty Issued on 05/13/11 - 1 No

Reorder Level Qty - 4

Replenishment Qty is - 3

Sloc MRP indicator is -2

MRP Type PD

Lot size -EX

Max Lot Size -0

Min lot Size -0

MRP Run on 05/14/11 Created 2 Purchase requisitions of Qty -3 each

It should create only one proposal for 3 Qty.

What could be the possible reason?

As mentioned by you current stock is 4 -1 = 3 is that available on the same storage location which is excluded from MRP?