Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement Proposal for Storage Location MRP

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with reorder point planning storage location MRP , the details are as below

Stock Qty.on 05/13/11 - 4 Nos

Qty Issued on 05/13/11 - 1 No

Reorder Level Qty - 4

Replenishment Qty is - 3

Sloc MRP indicator is -2

MRP Type PD

Lot size -EX

Max Lot Size -0

Min lot Size -0

MRP Run on 05/14/11 Created 2 Purchase requsitions of Qty -3 each

It should create only one proposal for 3 Qty.

What could be the possible reason?

Thanks

Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for re order level planning shouldnt you be using VB or VM instead of PD. when it is PD the requirement flow from the demand management.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Diwakar

Please Change the MRP Type VB and Lot size HB for reorder planning in material master and then run the MRP.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies , we have been using this MRP PD and lot size for long, there was no issue so far with this

This happened during weekend MRP run , so the reason would be different in this case

Thanks

Diwakar

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just checked in MDBT

There are two jobs running one on daily basis -NETCH key

Other on weekends with NEUPL key

I think NEUPL job is again generating requisition, is there any reason for this

Thanks

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwakarnd,

It seems you have one SLoc with stock 3 qty, and for that SLoc you have MRP indicator 2 - so for that specific SLoc the planning is happening by re-order point, and one PurReq for 3 qty is created with that SLoc as GR location.

Then, you might also have a demand of 3 qty. Now, for other-than above SLoc, your stock qty = Zero, MRP type is PD, and lot sizing is EX - so MRP will create another PurReq for 3 qty to meet this demand (with GR SLoc as other-than above SLoc).

By populating MRP indicator field, you are isolating the stocks & planning of this SLoc from all other SLocs in the Plant.

- Chetan

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue is not resolved yet yesterday MRP run again created duplicate PR nad PO for same requirement

I am not able to figure out why the system is behaving in this manner , any expert opinions on MRP-CBP storage location MRP?

Thanks

Diwakar