cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating universe from MySql stored procedure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to BusinessObjects. I need to create universes based on the schema in our MySql database. However, when I tried to create one from a stored procedure, I fount that I wasn't allowed to do that or the option to insert a stored procedure was grayed out.

Is it true that universe creation from MySql stored procedures not supported, or is it just something I didn't do right? Is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Given that you've created a universe based on the schema, the best work around is to convert, if possible, your stored procedure into a function or a derived table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

jason Lee,

You cannot combine universes with table structures with that of the stored procedures.Thats the reason in the existing universe the option is greyed out to insert stored procedures. You need to create a new universe thru design wizard and check the option to "create a universe through the stored procedure" in the first page.

Let me know your results

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for the reply. I think what you described had been probalby the reason as I was able to create a Universe from a MySql stored procedure when I started from scratch again.