Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Relating product compilaence with the material master in SAP R3 system

Hai SAP Gurus,

Please can you help me to mark a material in relation to the product compilance or regulatory requirements like RoH, CSA, EC, Copy exact in the SAP Standard process. please note that we are not using SAP EH&C and the client is asking this requirrement in the SAP R3 System. Is this possible to link this with material master? If so can u kindly explain me on this please.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Gopalakrishnan.S

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

I agree with Christph.

5 years ago when RoHS came into force many companies were trying to handle compliance information in the material master classification (like RoHS "compliant" / "not compliant").

That approach failed when regulated substances were updated. Looking at the latest developments like REACH SVHC*) declarations this facts becomes even a bigger problem for the industry. The regulated substances are updated every six month and data for purchased parts from suppliers needs to be up-to-date. Additionally a flag is simply not enough. A company needs to know which substances are contained in their products.

This is very difficult without an appropriate IT solution (like the SAP Product and REACH Compliance).

Best regards,

Andreas

*) SVHC substance of very high concern

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question