Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Appraiser in Performance Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a couple of questions about Part Appraiser:

1 - What is the difference between Part Appraiser and Further Participant?

2 - My client has a requirement tha is start the process with only one Appraiser (Line Manager) assessing the Appraiser (Employee), but in Review status if the Manager thinks necessary, he would like to add another appraiser (e.g. Part Appraisser or Futher Participant). Is it possible add Part appraisal at any time or in a specific status (when necessary)?

Thanks you in advance!

Sivani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivani -

1. Part appraiser is someone who gives a rating, Further Participants do not give a rating.

2. Yes. There are controls around which phase people participate. You can control this through status flow (push buttons) done in PHAP_CATALOG_PA > Status Flow tab. and also within the process configuration.

Thanks,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Please, how can I do that, since there is not a buton like "Add part appraiser"?

The requirement is, the Manager wants add a Part Appraiser at any time of the process, if he thinks not neccesaary he can go ahead with no further appraiser.

Different of my requirement, in others companies they add Part appraiser when they create the appraisal document.

Thanks again!

Sivani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sivani

Before the start of review phase, after mangager submits ratings & comments if he wants to add a new Part appraiser (Reviewer) - configure a new button which on selection the workflow goes to the HR / Appraisal administrator.

HR / Appraisal administrator should read the comments of Appraiser to add an additional Part appraiser (reviewer) * they should do the same in the backend using PHAP_ADMIN transaction. They can manually add them in edit mode of the particular appraisal document. Later, on submission by them the appraisal dicument should proceed to the review Phase.

This method is an workaround as their is no add option to appear in the appraisal document either by means of a BADI or by any development.

Note:- If you are using part appraisals then in 'In Proces' (final) phase - the first substatus or review should be done by Part Appraisers. Then onlt the status flow & Radio buttons will behave / appear correctly.

Regards

Ravindra

AFS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your requirement is to be able to change the part appraisers, not only when creating the document, you should use in your template badi HRHAP00_ACC_HEADER. There are two standard implementations that can help you:

PART_APPER_ACCESS HRHAP00_ACCESS_HDR_1 Change Part Appraisers Before Appraisal

PART_APPER_ACCESS_2 HRHAP00_ACCESS_HDR_2 Change Part Appraisers During Appraisal

With this you will be able to change the header in thea bove phases. If youb test them and they do not completely fulfill your requirements you can develop your own implementation.

You can add these implemnetations to the template in the catalog, under tab Processing > Further template behaviour.

Regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ana,

My requirement is, I don't want to add a part appraiser when I create the Appraisal Document, I want that the appraiser add a part appraiser in process status, but if he does not want he can approve without a part appraiser.

In other words add part appraiser is not obligated during the review status and proribited add when creating the appraisal document.

Is your suggestion meeting these requirements?

Thanks again!

Sivani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the change header functionality will enable the manager to add part appraisers during the process if he wants to.

One comment about one of the previous comments: Further participants CAN appraise people as well, it all depends on customizing. I had a customer who added the higher manager as further participant who was appraising one element only. But still he appraised.

Regards and Groetjes,

Maurice Hagen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sivani,

In addition to the above thread regarding BADI's, While designing your status flow, provide following two pushbuttons for appraiser for a particular status.

1. One pushbutton will push the appraisal template to Part Appraisal Participant

2. second pushbutton will directly push the appraisal template to next status instead of sending it to Part Appraiser.

So using the BADI's stated above and the status flow logic you can meet your requirement.

Maurice: Even we have configured our system, wherein further participants can give ratings. So as you said very correctly further participants also can give ratings.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Chetan Shriraj Wahane