cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP4 Upgrade - Unable to import Transports in Shadow system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am stuck during SPDD adjustments during EHP4 upgrade of our ECC 6.0 QUALITY system . OS - AIX and DB - Oracle. Following is the scenario:

During the Pre-Processing phase(Before Downtime), I have received a pop up for REPOSITORY MODIFICATIONS. We have a SPDD transport which we got it from Development. I have logged into shadow system & imported, it ended with RC 8. I have contcated ABAPers and they said that the transport got imported in the main instance rather than shadow instance.

Till this phase, system is included in a common transport direcotry with other systems in landscape. I thought this may be the reason so configured single system landscape for shadow system. Now the Trans directory of shadow system is -../EHPI/abap and Trans directory of main instance in /usr/sap/trans, even the transport domains are different.

Now after doing the above changes, when I imprt the transport, it is still ending with RC 8 but THE LOGS ARE NOT AVAILABLE. I couldnt find the logs anywhere in the OS level also - Message its showing is "Temporary log .../EHPI/abap/tmp/SIDA906519.SID not found. While it is importing it is writing in /tmp directory, once after importing is over it is deleting files from /tmp

Could you please suggest where I went wrong?

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Any specific reason why are you importing the SPDD TR manually in the system ??

Ideally the import should be performed by the tool and not manually.

do u have the automod.lst file from the previous upgrade (development). If yes then system will detect it depending on the option you choose and will import it at later phase.

if not check note 68678 and 610311.

- Niraj

former_member264034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This incidence usually takes place when the DIR_TRANS parameter or the

permissions of the transport directory are set incorrectly. Please make

sure that DIR_TRANS is set in your system pointing to the correct

directory. DIR_TRANS should be set in the instance profile. In addition,

please make sure that DIR_TRANS directory is network mounted and

accessible for all servers.