Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

EHP4 Upgrade - Unable to import Transports in Shadow system

Hello Guys,

I am stuck during SPDD adjustments during EHP4 upgrade of our ECC 6.0 QUALITY system . OS - AIX and DB - Oracle. Following is the scenario:

During the Pre-Processing phase(Before Downtime), I have received a pop up for REPOSITORY MODIFICATIONS. We have a SPDD transport which we got it from Development. I have logged into shadow system & imported, it ended with RC 8. I have contcated ABAPers and they said that the transport got imported in the main instance rather than shadow instance.

Till this phase, system is included in a common transport direcotry with other systems in landscape. I thought this may be the reason so configured single system landscape for shadow system. Now the Trans directory of shadow system is -../EHPI/abap and Trans directory of main instance in /usr/sap/trans, even the transport domains are different.

Now after doing the above changes, when I imprt the transport, it is still ending with RC 8 but THE LOGS ARE NOT AVAILABLE. I couldnt find the logs anywhere in the OS level also - Message its showing is "Temporary log .../EHPI/abap/tmp/SIDA906519.SID not found. While it is importing it is writing in /tmp directory, once after importing is over it is deleting files from /tmp

Could you please suggest where I went wrong?

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question